• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's possibly having his workload managed, good chance he'll play as the lone seamer in the tests if conditions suit
He didn't exactly have a heavy workload as lone seamer in the South African series. Shoulda subbed off and captained from the pavilion.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon he's also a certainty for the WC, plenty of other quicks jostling for places that will get an audition.

Glad to see Kaushal Silva back in the test squad, hope he hits some form because he has the ability to form a solid opening partnership with Dimuth and that will be absolutely crucial when travelling over the next year or so.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Five genuine spinners named.

Herath's swansong.

I'd love to see an all-spin attack at Galle.

Though in all likely-hood Lakmal will play

Flem274*

123/5
i've been through some rough patches over the years but i'm grateful for never having to wake up in the morning to discover suranga lakmal is the premier fast bowler for my country

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Lakmal's played 49 matches already! Good grief.

Doing a bit of an Ishant though, he's been pretty good for the last couple of years. Also looks like a magician, which is funny, so bonus points there.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Lakmal debuted 8 years ago, he's of the Vaas mould, not as accurate at wily with the swinging ball, and it took him about 5 years of international cricket to stop being total dross, but he's reliable, accurate, bowls to plans, and makes breakthroughs with the new and old ball, the next 18 months will really tell us how far he's come though

Starfighter

I think he has to get home pitches which let him bowl more than four overs an innings first. He'll be out of practice.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Lakmal debuted 8 years ago, he's of the Vaas mould, not as accurate at wily with the swinging ball, and it took him about 5 years of international cricket to stop being total dross, but he's reliable, accurate, bowls to plans, and makes breakthroughs with the new and old ball, the next 18 months will really tell us how far he's come though
I kinda thought he barely played for the first several years, since he was crap, but nah he got plenty of game time.

Helped his development I guess?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Injuries to the other regular quicks pretty much allowed him to retain a consistent spot, back when Chaminda Vaas did a stint as bowling coach back in 2013 he sorted Lakmal, Pradeep and Prasad out to an extent, unfortunately only Lakmal managed to stay on the park

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Still not happy with his development.

The future tours will give us an accurate picture of what's to come. He needs to be more accurate in SC conditions.

Iirc his only decent spell in the SC, came at Kolkata in the 2017 series.

Starfighter

Still not happy with his development.

The future tours will give us an accurate picture of what's to come. He needs to be more accurate in SC conditions.

Iirc his only decent spell in the SC, came at Kolkata in the 2017 series.
If you want him to develop more in the SC then tell your home board to produce pitches on which he is actually required to bowl a significant amount.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Lakmal is probably the most 'meh' cricketer of all time.

Gotta love him for carving a career out of that tbh.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Injuries to the other regular quicks pretty much allowed him to retain a consistent spot, back when Chaminda Vaas did a stint as bowling coach back in 2013 he sorted Lakmal, Pradeep and Prasad out to an extent, unfortunately only Lakmal managed to stay on the park
Is Prasad fit now? Think he was playing domestics again recently. A fit and in form Prasad would be a massive plus.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Is Prasad fit now? Think he was playing domestics again recently. A fit and in form Prasad would be a massive plus.
Nowhere near where he used to be. Didn't look bad.though. Let's see if he makes a comeback for the future tours. Can't see him being fast tracked just to bowl 2-3 overs in the whole test.

Prasad, Chameera, Lakmal, Kumara would be a mean quartet. Sad that Eranga is no more.