• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moeen Ali racially abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't see a thread but it deserves one.

According to the papers today in Moeen Ali's new book he says an Australian cricketer said to him "Take that Osama" on the field during the 2015 ashes.

Cricket Australia are supposed to be investigating.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In this day and age it could see a seriously long suspension

Lehmann got a slap on the wrist for his racial comments

flibbertyjibber

Left my opinions off the first post as it may mislead people but I don't find this surprising seeing as the coach at the time had previously wanted Stuart Broad to cry from abuse given to him and that he himself was heard making racial slurs in the past. A definite case of following the leader by the Aussie players.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
In this day and age it could see a seriously long suspension

Lehmann got a slap on the wrist for his racial comments

Won't happen. The player in question claimed he said 'part timer', not 'Osama', so proving it either way will be tricky, to say the least.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
As soon as I heard this, literally only one player came to mind without even having to know which match it was.

What an absolute plonker. A talented plonker, mind.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Well everyone knows a pint sized opener would be the most likely candidate (Lyon was still a bit meek in those days), although there were a number of absolute wankers in that team.

morgieb

As soon as I heard this, literally only one player came to mind without even having to know which match it was.

What an absolute plonker. A talented plonker, mind.
Well tbf there were other notorious sledgers in that team.

But if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck....

mr_mister

I wanna give Warner the benefit of the doubt just because it's always him. But yeah wouldn't be surprised

andmark

International Captain
What standard of proof would be used? Would it be innocent until proven guilty or a balance of probabilities? If it's the latter, the culprit should expect a task in defending themselves.

fredfertang

What standard of proof would be used? Would it be innocent until proven guilty or a balance of probabilities? If it's the latter, the culprit should expect a task in defending themselves.
There's always the 'Salisbury is a historic city" defence

morgieb

I think the reason why little happened is because it would've been too tough to prove, but now Moeen has come forward the standard of proof will start to move towards the latter, IMO.

Especially because it's an Australian, so not necessarily out of habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.