• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moeen Ali racially abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I really should stop looking at threads that have gone down the toilet. And definitely stop posting in them.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't really have a horse in the race (pun not intended), just stating facts, certainly not trying to "sledger" anyone. If anyone has a problem with the facts then that's an issue for them to sort out in their own time tbh

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i wasn't aware this thread could get worse than last night but "your country is worse than my country and let me show you why with spurious generalisations" might be it
the only times I think Spark is being unreasonable is when a thread is being destroyed by awful posts and Spark waltzes in and comments on how the thread is being destroyed by awful posts and doesn't ban anyone. ban more people spark.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
wow what rubbish. I don't exactly go cavorting around regional towns but my experience has shown Australia to be one of the least racist countries there is. We are as multicultural a country as they come and everyone seems to get a long a lot better than USA for example. Going through school Aboriginals and aboriginal history are treated with incredible respect and even reverence.

You seem to be getting all your information from reports of behaviour by a cricket team, or occasional videos on youtube which is next level ignorance
You're forgetting the comments section on foxsports

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Are you saying that Adolf Hitler, a tyrannical demagogue who tried to take over the world, wipe out a whole race of people and is directly responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people, is more honorable and respectable than a terrorist such as Osama bin Laden?
PEWS explained it nicely (in what is one of wisest one liner I have ever read on the whole what-is-racism conundrum):

If he did it to imply some sort of collective inferiority on Anderson's part because of his race, then yeah, it would be.

Flem274*

123/5
steve i applaud as ever the reminders towards our australian contingent that we're better than them but i feel your freedom efforts would be better focused on the racist show boating populist we've got for a deputy prime minister

to maintain our status as the greatest nation on earth we must be strong and weed out the weak. along with culling the auckland blues this will unfortunately mean exporting winston peters to australia to meet his true loves pauline hanson and the bloke with the snazzy cowboy hat.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
You're forgetting the comments section on foxsports
I lived in Melbourne for three years. Yes, hardly a lifetime but I'm not casing aspersions from a far off distance

Anyway, I probably went too hard, made some average points, not trying to compare NZ v Australia...and certainly not interested in the vitriol that came back at me. So I hope Australia are making efforts to be more culturally diverse and accepting, which my country is and why I mentioned it - purely on pride.

In my view, Moeen Ali is a fine left-handed batsman and has made the most of his not appreciably incredible off-spinning talents. That's probably where my expertise lies

Status
Not open for further replies.