• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2018/19 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Mitchell Santner will be my final selection please

Charter 77 Final XI

Martin Guptill
Michael Bracewell
Neil Broom
Daryl Mitchell
Corey Anderson
Mitch Renwick (+)
Colin de Grandhomme
Ish Sodhi
Matt Henry
Trent Boult
Bevan Small

12th Man: Mitchell Santner

Howsie

International Captain
Well this is definately the dud pick of the season :cool:
Can Phelgm or anyone trade out a player for someone who hasn't been picked Kippax? Andrew Ellis has retired from first class cricket and a certain bowler may not play till after the new year.

Howsie

International Captain
I don’t think he has officially, but he’s only playing white ball cricket for Canterbury this season.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Can Phelgm or anyone trade out a player for someone who hasn't been picked Kippax? Andrew Ellis has retired from first class cricket and a certain bowler may not play till after the new year.
Yeah seeing the news of injuries/retirements is becoming something only insiders would know, I'm not too opposed to people waiting until the Plunket Shield opening round teams start filtering out and returning to this thread to release a player or two.

I'll start this at midday Monday October 8, one-hour timeouts, one swap per turn.

Set 6: 3, 1, 5, 6, 2, 4
Chewie
Phlegm
Howsie
Kippax
Athlai
Michaelf77

Michaelf77
Athlai
Kippax
Howsie
Phlegm
Chewie

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Only one of six PS teams was made public this morning, but we'll go ahead with your releasing and replacing of Ellis, Anderson, etc. anyway.

CENTRAL STAGS v Canterbury
Saxton Oval, Nelson, 10-13 October 2018

Greg Hay
Doug Bracewell
Dane Cleaver
Christian Leopard
Ryan McCone
Willem Ludick
Felix Murray
Navin Patel
Seth Rance
Brad Schmulian
Ben Smith
Ross Taylor

Confirmed no Ellis for Canterbury last week in a warm-up -
https://scoring.nzc.nz/livescoring/matchad719604-42e0-447e-a5f2-af1f1432c0cc/scorecard.aspx

Some Otago news -

Wicketkeeper-batsman Mitch Renwick sustained a blow to the knee on day one of the match and he is in a race to be fit for the season-opener.

Brad Wilson filled in during Renwick’s absence but "is not putting his hand up" to continue in the role if Renwick is ruled out.

Batsman Shawn Hicks is also carrying an injury. A decision on their fitness will be made on Monday.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Athlai now in need of at least one change, Michaelf77 in need of two. Also Phlegm to replace Ellis.

Anaru Kitchen and Neil Broom are focusing on limited-overs cricket and unavailable for the first-class competition.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
So far, all three players on my team who have batted have scored ducks, and my one bowler in action has taken just one wicket. Awesome