• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2018/19 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I'm not going on holiday this year so hopefully I don't just disappear like last time I was part of this :)

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
ahh I guess I'm too late for this? dammit/

This is the exact type of thread I live for! I'll be doing a few pet design projects over the summer, could be interested in following this draft as potential content.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It seems there'll quickly be enough players to take the scoring system into a new thread and form a Division 2, that'd be fun. Introduce a nagging fear of relegation into all the old familiar and perennial names of the New Zealand domestic season threads.

Flem274*

123/5
kippax subscribing to my theory of "Latham has a spin bowling strong country to tour followed by mighty Sri Lanka and Bangladesh at home to make him look better than he is 'he's turned a corner this summer' etc before crashing back to constant 40s against proper teams in pace bowling conditions next summer" I see

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
How much do our teams have to resemble a proper team?

* Only five of your first XI draftees (six including the 12th man, who comes in for injuries) can score more bowling points in the season than batting points. Otherwise, infringing players on your team will go to zero.

* Anyone you bat at No. 9-11 scoring more batting points in the season than bowling points, infringing players on your team will go to zero. Unless this was some kind of massive 'engine room' phenomenon.

* Your designated wicket-keeper will only score non-WK fielding points if he's making way for a gloveman with Test caps (Seifert for Watling, Conway for Blundell, but not Phillips for Horne, etc.)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Phlegm Taylor
Athlai Williamson
Chewie Watling
Michaelf777 Boult
Howsie Kuggeleijn
Kippax Latham

Kippax Wagner
Howsie Southee
Michaelf777 CdG
Chewie D Bracewell
Athlai
Phlegm

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
* Only five of your first XI draftees (six including the 12th man, who comes in for injuries) can score more bowling points in the season than batting points. Otherwise, infringing players on your team will go to zero.

* Anyone you bat at No. 9-11 scoring more batting points in the season than bowling points, infringing players on your team will go to zero. Unless this was some kind of massive 'engine room' phenomenon.

* Your designated wicket-keeper will only score non-WK fielding points if he's making way for a gloveman with Test caps (Seifert for Watling, Conway for Blundell, but not Phillips for Horne, etc.)
ok that makes sense I think - with that third option, I could choose Phillips as a normal bat however? Or in that case would I not receive WK points when he is WK?

And no requirement on having to have two people who traditionally open? And presumably no requirement on having a spin bowler?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah we should also get bonus points for best spinner. "The Jeetan Patel "You did your best" Award" - 100 points

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah we should also get bonus points for best spinner. "The Jeetan Patel "You did your best" Award" - 100 points
Nah the Ajaz Patel 'I've topped the FC wicket-takers three seasons running' Award will fetch zero bonus points, this time around. Even Jeets averaged low 20s last season. Some may say we're overdue a squelchy summer of 2002/03 proportions, but I'll believe that when I see it.

ok that makes sense I think - with that third option, I could choose Phillips as a normal bat however? Or in that case would I not receive WK points when he is WK?
Yeah picking him as a normal bat who sometimes gets WK points, that's fine.

And no requirement on having to have two people who traditionally open? And presumably no requirement on having a spin bowler?
That 200 bonus points for King of the Openers is the only thing I'll use to entice drafters to select guys who actually open. No, no requirement for a spin bowler.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah the Ajaz Patel 'I've topped the FC wicket-takers three seasons running' Award will fetch zero bonus points, this time around. Even Jeets averaged low 20s last season. Some may say we're overdue a squelchy summer of 2002/03 proportions, but I'll believe that when I see it.
Dragging 3 spinners on tour is always going to make it a gamble for who actually plays though.