• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup 2018 in UAE

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Would it be challenging? Sans Shakib, Bangladesh's bowling resources are really thin.
What a strange comment. Are you still watching cricket in 2011? I mean even in his last match Shakib had figures of 9-0-55-1, he was hardly Bangladesh's best bowler.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
What a strange comment. Are you still watching cricket in 2011? I mean even in his last match Shakib had figures of 9-0-55-1, he was hardly Bangladesh's best bowler.
He has a point though. It does not matter how good or bad Shakib bowled. BD's top order is really fragile so without him you cant really be plugging the gap with an extra bowler and leave out a batsman unless another all rounder comes in. It was showing in this game when SMalik and Imam were building the partnership. The lack of 5th bowling option could really hurt BD.

smash84

The Tiger King
yes, i have no clue why Asif Ali is even in this team. He is neither a good batsman, nor a bowler, nor a good fielder.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
He has a point though. It does not matter how good or bad Shakib bowled. BD's top order is really fragile so without him you cant really be plugging the gap with an extra bowler and leave out a batsman unless another all rounder comes in. It was showing in this game when SMalik and Imam were building the partnership. The lack of 5th bowling option could really hurt BD.
He said nothing about the fifth bowler, though. His comment literally was that Bangladesh have no resources without Shakib, which is risible nonsense. Mustafizur and Mehdi bowled better than Shakib last game and did their job today.

As for the fifth bowler, I have more confidence in any combination of Mahmadullah, Soumya then I do in Masrafe, the supposed "second/third" bowler. He's the real weak link and passenger.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
He said nothing about the fifth bowler, though. His comment literally was that Bangladesh have no resources without Shakib, which is risible nonsense. Mustafizur and Mehdi bowled better than Shakib last game and did their job today.

As for the fifth bowler, I have more confidence in any combination of Mahmadullah, Soumya then I do in Masrafe, the supposed "second/third" bowler. He's the real weak link and passenger.
I dont know why you constantly piss on Mashrafe. Who is the other alternative to Mashrafe?