• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali: I will continue to bowl the doosra

Slow Love™

International Captain
There seems to be some serious wire-crossing here. The thing that concerns me about the yahoo article is that it keeps restating that Murali is going to shelve the doosra, but nowhere in the article does he actually say that (or even, imply it). He does say that he'll wait and see what the ICC and the Sri Lankan board tell him, but then, in the Age article, a day later, he directly says that he'll continue to bowl it.

It's possible that this is down to ICC incompetency - maybe the ICC waited for the S.L. board to read the news and pass the info on to Murali, rather than contacting them (or Murali) directly?

Otherwise... Nothing more to say than "sigh". Murali's already lost all my respect anyway. It'll be an interesting little test for Proctor.

tooextracool

International Coach
i sense a touch of arrogance(and a bit of foolishness) from murali after breaking the record. i think that decision from the icc definetly reflects that they regret not having done something about his action long before.

PY

International Coach
I haven't liked him since he was all sulky when handing out the medals to England at Rugby World Cup.

He should keep to things he knows about.

a massive zebra

International Captain
PY said:
I haven't liked him since he was all sulky when handing out the medals to England at Rugby World Cup.

He should keep to things he knows about.
At least he handed them out. Hitler wouldn't present Jessie Owens with the 100m Gold Medal at the 1936 Olympics because he was a 'n igger'.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I am just waiting for Sri Lanlan PM to declare Brett Lee a chucker.

IMO Mr. Howard should let ICC handle Murali issue.

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
I am just waiting for Sri Lanlan PM to declare Brett Lee a chucker.

IMO Mr. Howard should let ICC handle Murali issue.
I'm not sure the Sri Lankan PM would be as crazy about cricket, as Mr. Howard has seemed to be.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali :I will continue to bowl the doosra

marc71178 said:
He's an Aussie though, and there's only so many conversatoins one can have about Beer and Barbies!
Just because he's the prime minister, does he not have a right to have an opinion, without being criticised for it!!

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
JASON said:
Just because he's the prime minister, does he not have a right to have an opinion, without being criticised for it!!
Precisely why he is criticised for it. If you make a comment in the public arena, you are opening yourself up for criticism. Moreso because Howard is no cricket expert, and is probably making such comments in a cheap search for votes. The fickle Australian voting public could be swayed by something as seemingly innocuous as calling Murali a chucker come election time.