• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali: I will continue to bowl the doosra

anzac

International Debutant
chicane said:
I think he means he'll work on his action till the doosra complies to the limits and then continue bowling it.
not so going by the latest 'quotes'.........he's indicating that he will continue to do as he is until he is told to stop using it or that he needs to work on his action.........

Scallywag

Banned
marc71178 said:
He's an Aussie though, and there's only so many conversatoins one can have about Beer and Barbies!
The English prime minister G Bush knows nothing at all about cricket, I think grid iron is his sport.

anzac

International Debutant
in relation to the theme of this thread..............well no he hasn't so far as the 1st innings is concerned :laugh: ........I wonder if he has now been 'told' not to... :whistling

how much plainer does the situation have to be:
* his action / delivery is reported as being suspect for being illegal;
* subsequent testing then confirms this;
* statements from the ICC confirm that the delivery action is illegal and that the previously agreed to limits in the laws are still the requirement until further notice;
* ergo as the laws do not allow you to use an illegal action you should not continue to use it as you are cheating - hence you stop & do not need to be 'told' as this is in the laws of the game.........8-)

Until the time that the test results were made public the Murali camp initiated their 'vicitimisation' / 'conspiracy theory' cry, and also went on the attack regarding the motivation of Broad in an effort to discredit him.......... :disgust:

judging by the latest article it would now appear that he is going to employ the "dumb n***er" type defence in that he has not been 'told' to either stop using the delivery or to make some changes to his action - by either the ICC or SLCB!!!!! sure the ICC & SLCB could have told him directly, but the onus must ultimately be with the player - at some stage they need to take responsibility - something Murali does not ever appeared as having the stomach for......... :jawdrop:

how gullable does he think everyone is?????? I mean it beggers belief that he would contemplate such an excuse, let alone state it & then try to play the 'victim' & talk about retiring because of feeling persecuted or whatever......... :****ed: :crybaby:

so far as I'm concerned Murali (& Co) should put up or shut up regarding the continued use of the delivery - he's tried to talk the good talk but it appears to be a different story now that he can be called again............. :scared: :baby: :fear:

he's either playing the press or he has been working on his action to try & make it legal..........either way he has no credibility IMO......

if he tries to maintain his current position regarding not being told etc & that he has not done anything further to improve his action etc, then I'm prepared to call him a cheating bastard & would have no hesitation to heckle him as such everytime for every delivery until such time as he gets banned from the game for life............... :sick:

Deja moo

International Captain
Scallywag said:
The English prime minister G Bush knows nothing at all about cricket, I think grid iron is his sport.

Maybe the " American President " :p " Tony Blair " :p would vouch for that !

Sehwag309

Banned
Scallywag said:
Cmon mate, why bring politics into this!

I don't support Blair/Bush at all but cricket is different!

JBH001

International Regular
Sudeep Popat that was a great read on those links.
Thanks for that.
I am now, more than ever, behind Murali on this one.
The only reason I can think of why he should stop bowling the doosra is that he is a better and more effective bowler without it.
Though if he was banned for 12 months it might be a good thing.
A year off the game, time to rest and recover from a history of injuries in the last few years and perhaps fine tune his action - which has become a bit ragged in the last year or so.
He may be back - better than ever!

Sudeep

International Captain
I'm not sure if he chucks or not.

But what I do believe is that if the ICC thinks he does, he should be banned, birth defect or not, rules being broken shouldn't be allowed.

Craig

World Traveller
If Muarli gets banned for bowling the doosra, it is his own fault. He got told not to bowl the doosra, so what does he do? Bowl the doosra.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scallywag said:
Hmm.

Last I looked he was President of America?

The point it, why should a politician be talking about it, you don't see Ricky Ponting telling him how to run the country do you?

Sudeep

International Captain
marc71178 said:
The point it, why should a politician be talking about it, you don't see Ricky Ponting telling him how to run the country do you?
Yes, but I think Mr. Howard is different. If my knowledge is correct, he is a strong supporter as well as a fan of sports in general.

Sudeep

International Captain
And he actually didn't tell Murali or ICC to do anything about the issue. He just said he thinks Murali is a chucker. Nothing wrong in that.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sudeep Popat said:
Yes, but I think Mr. Howard is different. If my knowledge is correct, he is a strong supporter as well as a fan of sports in general.
That's as maybe, but I still fail to see why he should comment on it - it's bound to make a story and more than likely to upset people.

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
But being the Prime Minister of Australia he shouldn't make public statements like that.