• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll: Who do you think will win the 2019 World Cup?

Who do you think will win World Cup?

• Total voters

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
Currently I'm sulking after applying for 8 games next year and getting 0!!! So will have to buy them from touts ffs and try the limited general sale coming up. Insane demand :/ :/ :/ :/

"Total number of tickets applied for at the tournament to over 2.5 million across the two ballots. Tickets were bought across 148 different countries and as far and wide as Madagascar and Mexico which truly shows the global appeal of the World Cup.

Matches involving hosts England and top-ranked teams have been highly sought after but sales across all 11 venues to watch the ten competing teams has been remarkable. India v Pakistan remains the most popular fixture with enough ticket applications to fill Wembley Stadium several times over, alongside key matches such as England v Australia and the Final at Lord’s – all of which are heavily oversubscribed at all price bands. " - https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/847319

Not a who is favourites poll, more who do you think personally will win the 2019 ODI World Cup? England for me have the best team on paper, but their nerve tends to go in the big tournaments similar to SA on a lesser scale. India for me, India v England final. I think NZ have an outside chance tbh

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
New Zealand.

At first I considered championing Pakistan, but the thought that this trundler would become even more insufferable if they manage to win dissuaded me from taking that foolhardy course.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feel like India's chances are going to be decided by how KL Rahul fares in a knock out game.

cnerd123

likes this
I think India would be lucky to make it to the final 4 or any further than that

England, South Africa, New Zealand look strong. Australia don't seem impressive tbh but they tend to pull things together before WCs. Pakistan are dark horses IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if they somehow make the Semis.

smash84

The Tiger King
South Africa always look strong going into a world cup, its the knockout games that is always their achilles heel, and this time seems no different.

England are going to go far but they also suffer from the SA problem but with less severity

India have a good chance, they always have decent batsmen, and for once they have a very strong bowling attack as well.

Australia might just win the world cup for the umpteenth time because they are just so ridiculously good in WCs

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
England are favorites but their weak bowling may cost them in a knockout game. India's lower-middle order is average - so a good burst from an opening bowler (e.g. Mohammad Amir) may end their run. Pakistan's pace bowling is just great - they'll go as far as their batting can support. Australia's middle-order is not among the best in the world.

I personally think SA and NZ have very good chances. NZ batting order looks settled, and their bowling is comparable to Pakistan and uninjured Australia. Faf and Williamson are the 2 best captains too.

Chances overall:
England>NZ>SA>India>Pak>Aus

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
England are favorites but their weak bowling may cost them in a knockout game. India's lower-middle order is average - so a good burst from an opening bowler (e.g. Mohammad Amir) may end their run. Pakistan's pace bowling is just great - they'll go as far as their batting can support. Australia's middle-order is not among the best in the world.

I personally think SA and NZ have very good chances. NZ batting order looks settled, and their bowling is comparable to Pakistan and uninjured Australia. Faf and Williamson are the 2 best captains too.

Chances overall:
Yeah, thing is though England have 6 genuine bowlers in the team which covers the fact the attack is not the best.
Ali, Stokes, Rashid, Plunkett, Willey and Wood/Woakes

smash84

The Tiger King

Chances overall:
I would swap SA and Aus, just because the Aus always bring their A game to the wc, while SA just melt away at the first sign of pressure

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Sri Lanka vs Australia final.

You'll see a replica of the 96 WC Final

SL will chase and win.

SL will beat India and Australia will beat the much fancied England in the semis.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New Zealand.

At first I considered championing Pakistan, but the thought that this trundler would become even more insufferable if they manage to win dissuaded me from taking that foolhardy course.
Hey I pride myself on being one of the least nationalistic posters here. Insufferable, yes but for other reasons.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lanka vs Australia final.

You'll see a replica of the 96 WC Final

SL will chase and win.

SL will beat India and Australia will beat the much fancied England in the semis.
I'll be genuinely surprised if SL finish in the top 7 in the group stage. Number 9 is where I think they may finish - but no. 8 or no. 10 are both possible.

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England might peak too soon and teams may have figured out a way to curb #BatDeep by next year. Australia are truly horrible right now. SA are without ABDV. India for once have strong bowling. If Kohli gets India through a WC (including the final) he will surpass Sachin in ODIs IMO. India, NZ and England look strong. Pakistan are of course unpredictable. Hope the batting is settled by then.