• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll: Who do you think will win the 2019 World Cup?

Who do you think will win World Cup?

• Total voters

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I voted India. Pakistan second place. Oz might be surprise contenders. England? It is just too good to be true and too confident and smug. It feels all a bit - and this is a football reference so sorry - ''Brazil, Maracana 1950''. These things inevitably have a habit of going **** up. I think it is fair to say England will be the best team in the competition but ''best'' and ''champion'' do not necessarily correlate.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
I voted India. Pakistan second place. Oz might be surprise contenders. England? It is just too good to be true and too confident and smug. It feels all a bit - and this is a football reference so sorry - ''Brazil, Maracana 1950''. These things inevitably have a habit of going **** up. I think it is fair to say England will be the best team in the competition but ''best'' and ''champion'' do not necessarily correlate.
you missed out the bit about the quality of the county championship and how we can still see cook play for essex.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
woakes, plunkett and rashid are all very good odi bowlers.
since the last world cup....

woakes
62 @ 28
s/r - 32
econ - 5.1

plunkett
75 @ 27
s/r - 28
econ - 5.8

rashid
110 @ 29
s/r - 32
econ - 5.5

ali is an economical second spinner. going at just over 5 since the world cup.

after that its a bit of a lottery.

for all his talk as a strike bowler, mark wood has an s/r of 51 since the last world cup and stokes goes at 6s

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
I would swap SA and Aus, just because the Aus always bring their A game to the wc, while SA just melt away at the first sign of pressure
I wonder how long it took for Amla to recover from the news that there will be no associates in the world cup for him to bully?:unsure:

South Africa won't win as they are bottlers and have lost there best player, New Zealand have some guns, but its a side that does not seem to be improving much, Lanka, Bangladesh West Indies and Afghanistan are merely making up the numbers.

Australia I am reluctant to rule out, but can they get the bowlers fit?

That leaves 3 sides, India will go close as they always show up in world cups, Dhoni and the lack of fire power might deny them, England look immense, but if they get a **** heap, can there batsman do it?

I do like Pakistan a lot right now, will have the best bowling line up, fielding has improved immensely and no bull **** behind the scenes. They love playing in England also.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
England for sure as long as they don't play Wood and Stokes is fit.

Their batting is by far the best for flat wickets but if the wickets aren't deadly flat and there's some swing I reckon their batting could get ripped apart. Do hope there is some swing and seam since bat vs bat games suck, bat vs ball way better.

India I always feel could as well, but Kohli's clinging to Dhoni is getting ridiculous.

Never write off Pakistan.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England, India, NZ and one of Pakistan and Australia making the semis looks plausible right now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England, been excited for this since for the whole 14 years or however long it’s been since it was announced

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd say Australia but we're pants right now.

I'd say England but I can't really envision them actually winning.

I'd say New Zealand but they will get knocked out in the semis.

I'd say South Africa but they'll choke.

I'd say India but they look weak right now.

So I'll say Pakistan. Solid team. Strong world cup history. Champions trophy under the belt.

Starfighter

England will stuff up in the final, or a semi-final, and India will win the whole thing and the internet will become insufferable for the next two decades (especially with the 2023 WC at home which the have a great chance of winning).

I'm a bit more interested to see how South Africa screw up this time.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully this team:

M Guptill
G Phillips
K Williamson
R Taylor
T Latham/H Nicholls
C Munro/C Anderson
C De Grandhomme
M Santner
M Henry
A Milne/L Ferguson
T Boult

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't mind seeing NZ win I guess but how would Flem be able to disguise his bitterness then?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say Australia but we're pants right now.

I'd say England but I can't really envision them actually winning.

I'd say New Zealand but they will get knocked out in the semis.

I'd say South Africa but they'll choke.

I'd say India but they look weak right now.

So I'll say Pakistan. Solid team. Strong world cup history. Champions trophy under the belt.
Our only chance is Starc running through everyone

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
England, been excited for this since for the whole 14 years or however long it’s been since it was announced
Surely next summer is make or break for the future of Cricket in England to be anything but a marginal sport

You'd have to think if the World Cup and Ashes in the one summer can't get some excitement going then nothing will

Starfighter

Surely next summer is make or break for the future of Cricket in England to be anything but a marginal sport

You'd have to think if the World Cup and Ashes in the one summer can't get some excitement going then nothing will
It won't get excitement going if people can't see it.