• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2018/19

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still can't believe the Australian selectors think Siddle, Neser and Doggett are better options than Tremain and Richardson. Like what the hell. And that's not even talking about leaving our best available batsman at home.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I can see the explanation already though - 'We're building a team for the future', 'Can't be chopping and changing every week' etc etc

It's lose lose

the big bambino

International Captain
The continuing revelations of Maxwell's mistreatment are getting pretty tatty and showing the selectors up as deceitful and exploitative. Cricinfo says Maxwell was asked to forgo a county contract to rest up for the A tour. Then he was told he doesn't need to go on the A tour because he's a known quantity on those wickets. Then he was left out of the test squad because he supposedly doesn't make big scores consistently enough only to be overlooked for men with worse century to matches conversion rates. Langer and the selectors haven't just made an ordinary shocking decision. It looks like they were setting Maxwell up to fail. On top of the unjust penalties handed out to the sandpaper 3, CA's admin are doing great harm to Australian cricket.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Heard a bit of Langer’s interview this morning; seems to be putting great weight on centuries scored in all forms of cricket which seemed to mean that the success Finch has had in ODIs/T20s in scoring tons compared with Maxwell (who has a much more difficult time trying to do that where he bats) was pretty decisive.

TheJediBrah

Must have missed Maxwell's T20 ton last season against . . . whoever it was . . . NZ? I think it was at Hobart, or Adelaide. Ok I guess I've forgotten it as well. But I remember he brought it up with a slog over mid-wicket to win the game.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heard a bit of Langer’s interview this morning; seems to be putting great weight on centuries scored in all forms of cricket which seemed to mean that the success Finch has had in ODIs/T20s in scoring tons compared with Maxwell (who has a much more difficult time trying to do that where he bats) was pretty decisive.
Has batted 18 times in the top 3 out of 133 matches

More often than not, he's asked to be a slogger and gets criticised for doing just that

Last edited:

Spikey

langer said siddle was in career best form and then called him an awesome australian and then called him an awesome australian again

i want to die

Bahseph

State Captain
Don't like to impose myself in other countries selection threads but this is bordering on self parody. When is someone going to come out and just say that Maxwell might as well give up his hopes of playing Tests? I feel like the selectors just feel like he doesn't have the "character" of an Aussie Test cricketer. Or he stole someone's lady.

mr_mister

Swear it's def for personal reasons yeah. Langer coming out and saying he hasn't gotten enough tons is so dumb considering he's got as many FC tons as Head in less games

TheJediBrah

I feel like if it was the Ashes they wouldn't be injured, they'd just "have niggles" but play close to their best anyway, but since it's the desert against Pakistan, yeah they def can't play cause they're "injured"

Starfighter

Eh, generally I think when they're injured they're injured. I wonder when Starc's gonna do his heel again.

Flem274*

123/5
i think one of my favourite things is how boards know that if they lose during the middle of the night no one will remember or care so they pick lolly scramble teams

this is especially true for odi tours where i believe the caps are handed out in brown paper bags