• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
After all the debate on where Arun should bat, turns out Dean lasted all of five balls making the whole argument moot in the first place
He would've batted four or five without the whole argument, so not really all that moot. It's just that Langer won. A bad day for cricket.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Judging by the squad looks like a 3-way battle between the 3 H's, Head, Harris & Handscomb, with 1 to miss out. Probably figure the batting order out (ie. Khawaja opening or 3) after knowing who's playing. That would be my plan anyway. So far Handscomb out ahead.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Goes to CA website. Sees headline "Test Stars Fire for Vics" Checks score - all out 167.

"Starring" has a different meaning to the old days, it seems.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Queensland with Khawaja and Feldman looks like a much stronger side than last week.
Can't agree about Feldman, bloke just wobbles it around at a pace that is barely even medium fast these days. Seeing bowlers of that style run through sides is to me more an indictment of Shield batting quality than anything else.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feldman is a far better bowler than Doggett. I expect Doggett will get better over time but I think you're under rating Feldman a bit there.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Feldman is a far better bowler than Doggett. I expect Doggett will get better over time but I think you're under rating Feldman a bit there.
I think if you lack pace then you need to be a cut above skillswise in order to compensate. Guys like Chadd and Copes have proven they are capable of this, Feldman isn't of the same calibre imo. As for Doggett, he certainly isn't the finished product, can be frustratingly hot and cold, but has a much higher ceiling as a bowler.

Surely we don't want to become more like County Cricket?

stephen

No but Feldman is decent. He's a solid domestic quick, averaging 26 over his 9 year career.

Wade top scores for Tassie again.

stephen

Geez Tassie has a long tail with Bird batting 9. Pyecroft is almost the perfect name for a bowler.

Burns looks like he wants to score all the runs today. 45* (44) is rather aggressive when Victoria were all out for 167.

Patterson set for another disappointing half century.

stephen

The CA website has been very glitchy today, constantly flicking my browser window to different matches.