• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
JLT Sheffield Shield round five squads

Western Australia: Mitchell Marsh (c), Ashton Turner, Ashton Agar, William Bosisto, Hilton Cartwright, Cameron Green, Liam Guthrie, Josh Inglis, Matthew Kelly, Shaun Marsh, David Moody, Jhye Richardson, Marcus Stoinis

IN: Agar, Guthrie Stoinis. OUT: Josh Philippe, Usman Qadir, Jonathon Wells.

New South Wales: Peter Nevill (c), Sean Abbott, Harry Conway, Trent Copeland, Jack Edwards, Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes, Nick Larkin, Nathan Lyon, Stephen O'Keefe, Kurtis Patterson, Jason Sangha, Greg West

IN: Abbott, Conway, West. OUT: Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins

Victoria: Scott Boland, Travis Dean, Andrew Fekete, Aaron Finch, Seb Gotch, Peter Handscomb (c), Marcus Harris, Jon Holland, Glenn Maxwell, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Matt Short, Chris Tremain

IN: Andrew Fekete, Aaron Finch, Glenn Maxwell. OUT: Cameron White, Eamon Vines

Queensland: Usman Khawaja (c), Joe Burns, Luke Feldman, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, Marnus Labuschagne, James Peirson, Michael Neser, Matthew Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Jack Wildermuth

IN: Khawaja. OUT: Brendan Doggett (quad strain)

Tasmania: Matthew Wade (c), George Bailey, Gabe Bell, Jackson Bird, Alex Doolan, Jake Doran, Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Simon Milenko, Tim Paine, Alex Pyecroft, Jordan Silk

IN: McDermott, Pyecroft. OUT: Gurinder Sandhu, Beau Webster (knee)

South Australia: Travis Head (c), Alex Carey, Tom Cooper, Callum Ferguson, Jake Lehmann, Conor McInerney, Joe Mennie, Kane Richardson, Jake Weatherald, Nick Winter, Daniel Worrall, Adam Zampa

IN: Carey, Zampa. OUT: Harry Nielsen, Lloyd Pope

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely White is injured or something. I know that Short guy made a 50 but wtf

White made 100 runs in the last game

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Surely White is injured or something. I know that Short guy made a 50 but wtf

White made 100 runs in the last game
Short's averaging 46 this season and 47 across his (admittedly short) career; Victoria were never going to leave him out for White IMO.

If anyone was going to miss out I would have thought it'd be Travis Dean, but given McDonald seems to have some strong opinions on Finch needing to bat in the middle order, Dean needs to play to open. I guess White could have opened, but Victoria do tend to prioritise the younger guys when there's a tight call like this, especially when it's just for one game before they're due to lose a bunch of players to international duty again.

Spikey

speaking of only for a match, trent copeland is skipping a shield game to commentate the test match.

Spikey

all the relevant people in nsw have supposedly approved it, but it's pretty bad and CA should be preventing it (because I'm not sure who else could block it - also, I believe CA and other governing bodies like the AFL and NRL should prevent any current players, coaches, managers and any board members from being on broadcast teams so take me with a grain of salt)

i'm not sure if copeland has given them a "if you don't let me do this I'll retire at seasons end" ultimatum or what but it's weird. plus with lehmann gone, he only needs to find a long lost Western Australian family member to be a chance to make the test squad.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Interesting to include Board Members. I think they should be able to commentate, especially all games that don't involve the club that they are on the board for.

In League, someone like Alexander or Lockyer are professional enough to not be biased, in fact they will just offer additional insight if anything. Good on Copes, he is without a BBL contract so from a financial point of view, you can understand why he'd jump at the opportunity.

the big bambino

International Captain
Yeah, how about no one blocks him? The best he can expect is a few more years at shield level. NSW is smart not to force a contractural issue on him. They have a grade full of other options, let Copeland pursue a few opportunities of his own.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Also, I'm extremely keen to listen to Copes when Australia is bowling. Getting his perspective on the NSW/Australian quicks is going to be must listen to TV, at least for the first few stints.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
With Copes off commentating, it looks very much like Greg West will get a Shield debut. I remember when he was over here in Adelaide, played a couple of Big Bash games, bowled well in his first one but then got mauled by Chris Gayle in his second.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think I recall him sledging famed elderly prodigy Michael Hill too in that great tournament.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I think I recall him sledging famed elderly prodigy Michael Hill too in that great tournament.
Yeah, had Hill hopping around with a bit of short stuff and had a couple words to him along the way. Hill then proceeded to whine and carry on like an absolute **** when interviewed on the boundary after being dismissed. Remember it well.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh that's right, the man whose names has been on everyone's lips for a decade didn't know who Greg West was.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
After all the debate on where Arun should bat, turns out Dean lasted all of five balls making the whole argument moot in the first place