• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CA are in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation, really. Overturning the bans would've made them look pretty weak, but this is also clearly a case of the punishment not fitting the act and the batting looks embarrassingly weak without Smith and Warner.

I'm not sure that even if you do lose to India it will hurt the reputation of Australian cricket more than overturning the bans. If anything it'll make it more likely that Australia make the big decisions require to make cricket great again here.

Burgey

Shows how far Australian cricket has fallen that you can genuinely say Tassie has just picked up two big wickets in Marcus Harris and Cameron White to leave Victoria reeling at 4/145.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Harris trapped in front, White caught behind prodding at a wide one, all of the sudden the Vics have went from fairly secure to in a bit of strife.

the big bambino

International Captain
If Australia don't have more than two batsmen capable of performing consistently, they don't deserve anything.
With Usman and Finch plus Bancroft, Smith and Warner we'd have a side. Without 3 we don't. Not that it matters but it'd be the same for any other side if they lost 3 test incumbents. Look what happened to Oz when Lillee marsh and G Chappell retired. So frankly you're wrong. It would wreck any side.

As an aside I reckon its rich that CA are acting like the guardians of our reputation when a lot of CA heads rolled after the report was released. If anything CA can accept the blame, cop the clean out as doing something about its own behaviour and reinstate the players as justice for the harsh penalties delivered by a compromised administration.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing has changed in CA. Early returns would not place "undue" pressure on the players. It would merely repair some of the damage that the incredible overreaction has done to their careers.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
4-0.

But there will be a game where Australia loses 20 wickets this time.
Haha. When that happens I'm sure the alarm bells will be ringing..

I'm gonna predict 3-1 in Australia's favour. Can't see any of these Tests heading to a draw with these two sides being as aggressive as they are (barring rain interruptions of course). India have the strength to win at least one Test this time around.

Burgey

Tassie giving up here with 30 odd to get and Jordan Silk rolling the arm over.

Edit: game back on as Australia's next allrounder Matthew Wade gets a trundle.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

How is Maddog not getting a game for Vics? Seems like a waste. Drop one of the bowlers (Siddle) for him IMO.

TheJediBrah

Yes and I have a feeling that there's bit of a directive from above about him, contributing to the imbalance of the side ie. give him a game but don't bowl him too much.

Disappointing because Maddog really should be playing but there's no one to drop him for now that Gotch and Short have made runs. It will be even worse when Chokeswell comes back from the T20 team.

Burgey

Job done for Victoria. Good chase in the end. You'd have got long odds on the game going into session three, day four after the first morning.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes and I have a feeling that there's bit of a directive from above about him, contributing to the imbalance of the side ie. give him a game but don't bowl him too much.
You mean from CA? Would surprise me a bit considering he isn't currently centrally contracted but it is certainly not impossible. Tend to think it is largely the decision of the Victorian setup themselves.

Midwinter

State Captain
Go Vics

Why should Maddinson be playing ? Had a poor year last year, and hasn't done anything this year that looks any better.

Or is it a plan to drag the Vics down to NSW level ?

:)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How do you guys feel about Ashton Agar's situation right now?

He keeps making Australian squads but doesnt make the XIs.

This has meant that he has had 1 bat (faced 23 balls) and bowled 5 overs in the past 2 months. In the past 4 weeks, he hasnt played which is so dire for a young guy with promise.