• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bert out for 17 opening in the second dig, but Gibson only made 22 batting three. You'd think that's it for Gibson for the Shield next week, surely.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'd think but NSW seem to have England disease where they try the same failures over and over despite getting no improvement.

Burgey

Lol, the bunny will be pretty happy hopping out of the game with 147 to his name in the first dig.

Another fine skipper's knock from Uppal. 15.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, the bunny will be pretty happy hopping out of the game with 147 to his name in the first dig.

Another fine skipper's knock from Uppal. 15.
TBF I have heard from someone who was there that his first innings knock was damn good, few real crisp drives and was especially severe on anything loose.

Burgey

yeah look, obviously I big up the bloke because he's a local, coaches my kid and is a top bloke with it, but he is a seriously ****ing good cricketer.

There's a lot of them around, mind. Probably the narrowest funnel of any major sport.

Burgey

Solway amongst them in the second dig. It's a ****ing mystery how he hasn't got a run in the Shield too. Been consistent for years.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Fair enough to support the local blokes, from the bits and pieces I saw of the grade final it looks like Parra have a pretty damn handy side. Personally I try to get to a fair bit of first grade cricket, fair few people I have played with and against have been coming through over the past 3-4 years, all of whom much more talented than myself.

Burgey

Yeah there's some good players around. With Warner and Smith playing htis season, its' well worth getting along and watching, especially early season before the rep stuff bites.

Burgey

Solway gone for 90 and Bert looks like achieving the greatest feat in cricket - hundred in a losing side. NSW Metro 7/180 with Holt and Stobo at the crease.

Edit: Anyone got some oil on this Grant bloke? Picked up a five fer here. What's he bowl?

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Redbacks within 1 wkt victory,Grant 5.
Tasmania lose to QLD Peter George 6/21 Bil Street 89* in QLD win over Tassie.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Edit: Anyone got some oil on this Grant bloke? Picked up a five fer here. What's he bowl?
Tall 21yo right arm pacer, can get some sharp bounce and zip off a good length. Can be somewhat hot and cold, has days where he really isn't that great, but at his best he is definitely FC standard.

stephen

Yeah I hope Pattinson can give the selectors the good kind of headaches (not the kind that Australian batsmen are giving them). But for that to happen he needs to string together a few shield matches. I hope he does. The last time I saw him bowl he blew away a very string Queensland batting lineup.

stephen

In that match he got Peirson, Burns, Heazlett, Wildermuth and Neser. Tremain got Lynn and Labaschagne.

It was brutal bowling from the Victorians, but Pattinson was exceptional. I could hear the ball thump into the pitch every ball. It was the first time I've ever really seen a bowler bowl that quick live. But not just quick, it hurry the deck hard, much quicker and harder than Tremain was bowling.

It was quite memorable and a wonderful exhibition of fast bowling.

Burgey

No Bertus for NSW, who have picked the same batting line up but expect a different result. Have given them a Twitter spray. Useless ****s.

Here's their selection handbook: