• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pattinson is definitely not good enough for no. 7 in Tests
But he's definitely good enough to replace Starc at 8/9. Pattinson and Cummins would have the potential to be the most deadly bowling combo in cricket. Starc really has a far lower ceiling. I feel like he's saved by his status though

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No I agree 100% about Starc. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the XI for the Ashes. I'd have Pattinson & Jhye ahead of him to partner Haze/***. If they really want a lefty I'd prefer Behrendorff if he gets the overs under his belt.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Way over the top that. Would agree that Starc is no certainty for the starting XI, but saying he should be dropped from the squad alltogether is just simply moronic. Fitness permitting Cummins and Pattinson are the first two picked imo, with the last spot a battle between Hazlewood, Starc and Richardson. would probably lean slightly towards Haze on account of his superior economy rate. Still a long way out though, a lot depends on how well those three recover from their respective injuries. As for Behrendorff, doubt he will be available as he played no long form cricket this season. It's a shame because I do think he could have been seriously handy in England.

stephen

Starc will play the ashes, fitness pending. Pattinson might replace Hazlewood if Hazlewood isn't fit yet.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope. Saying Starc can be dispensed with entirely is utter madness, the sort of ****e I would expect from facebook casuals who want to toss out the whole team and start again every time we lose. I despise that sort of impulsive thinking.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope. Saying Starc can be dispensed with entirely is utter madness, the sort of ****e I would expect from facebook casuals who want to toss out the whole team and start again every time we lose. I despise that sort of impulsive thinking.
Have you actually seen Starc bowling in Tests the last year or 2? Don't be fooled by some minnow-bashing of the little Lankans, he's been trash for a while.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Have you actually seen Starc bowling in Tests the last year or 2? Don't be fooled by some minnow-bashing of the little Lankans, he's been trash for a while.
Certainly he was fairly disappointing for most of the home summer, that is true, but proposing to drop him entirely is still wayyyyyyy over the top.

social

No way that Starc is left out of first Ashes test barring injury and don’t even think that a disastrous WC would count him out

There’s probably options better suited to the conditions based on what we have seen lately but.....