• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Jake Lehmann at 3 is a real head scratcher with Ferguson and Test bat Head in the lineup.

This light rain in Sydney is annoying, hopefully there is some cricket late in the day in the NSW v WA match.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now that's a t'hofful dismissal from Renshaw. Also good to see SA off to the usual kind of start. Can't wait the for NSW vs WA match, two real quality teams about to do battle there.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
In Adelaide grade news, young Tea Tree Gully paceman Tim Oakley has taken 10/46 off 21.1 overs across a two day game. Not sure what pace he bowls, have only seen a couple of overs of him, but by most accounts he is one of the sharpest bowlers in first grade

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone got a link where I could watch the Shield? Keep in mind I'm sitting all the way in Pakistan.

Spikey

i was gonna say wa should score some runs or else they'll do a Stars, but then I realised the game is at blacktown so fair play for scoring this fast

Precisely the same injury, except Bert can bat. Bert out this round too. Word is he was a moral to be picked as well :(
i struggle to see nsw making any changes even if he was fit

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed. Should have played him out instead of trying to Wakim.
It's that sort of lack of patience that is so frustrating, such a depressing common story for South Australia, so often our batsman throw it away trying to hit themselves out of trouble

Valente's dismissal was pretty comical as well, Matthew Wade and his meme bowling strike again

stephen

Ok what's the bet that if Bancroft scores a ton here he is included in the Australia squad? I will honestly be shocked if the opening partnership for the Ashes isn't Warner and Bancroft.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Doubt it, as stupid as it sounds I think Warner would be more likely to be left out if Bancroft gets a recall.

Would be a dreadful move, but I can genuinely see that as far more likely than them opening the batting together

Burgey

i was gonna say wa should score some runs or else they'll do a Stars, but then I realised the game is at blacktown so fair play for scoring this fast

i struggle to see nsw making any changes even if he was fit
It’s at Bankstown.

Would have replaced one of the foetuses, apparently.

Gnske

That guy on the NSW stream sounds like what happens when you wake up the next day after you've been drinking at clubs for six hours and have gone almost completely through a 30 pack of Marlboro Reds while drinking no proper water.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ok what's the bet that if Bancroft scores a ton here he is included in the Australia squad? I will honestly be shocked if the opening partnership for the Ashes isn't Warner and Bancroft.
Bancroft should be in that Australia v Australia A match for sure. I know there is Renshaw, but pretty hard to see the 4 openers being anyone else but Burns Harris Warner Bancroft.

stephen

I don't want Renshaw anywhere near the side at the moment. Suffering a serious case of the second year blues.

And Hemphrey seriously needs to work on his body language. The umpire almost wasn't going to give him but he looked as guilty as sin. Needs to work on the nonchalant look after belting the cover off the ball.

stephen

Bancroft should be in that Australia v Australia A match for sure. I know there is Renshaw, but pretty hard to see the 4 openers being anyone else but Burns Harris Warner Bancroft.
Agreed but I have a feeling Burns and Harris will both make way for Bancroft and Warner. Warner because he's actually good and Bancroft because he's Langer's love interest.

morgieb

Replacing Burns with Bancroft is the sort of move that is ****** selection strategy but also kinda makes sense on a horses for courses/ability basis.

Gnske

If Matt Lodge can have a redemption arc, you can bet your sweet asses Bancroft will get a 4 parter.