• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Looked at a bunch of Kingsgrove T20 stats, was most surprised to see that Aaron Bird is still pelting them down. Wonder how diabolical his action looks these days.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he’s and his brother are playing with Manly iirc. They have for a couple of years now.

Burgey

What an indictment I had to dig this thread off the fifth page when it’s the middle of the Australian summer.

Anyway, Bert another ton today in ones vs Mosman. Well over a thousand for the season already.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What an indictment I had to dig this thread off the fifth page when it’s the middle of the Australian summer.

Anyway, Bert another ton today in ones vs Mosman. Well over a thousand for the season already.
Yeah but was he a past of Greg Chappell's anointed juniors? If not I can't see how he could possibly be any good /s

Spikey

https://www.cricketnsw.com.au/news/...ountry-peter-nevill-blues-under-19/2019-01-27

NSW Blues captain Peter Nevill will lead NSW Metro in the Toyota Futures League T20 carnival at Blacktown International Sports Park starting on Monday.

NSW Metro, ACT/NSW Country, Queensland and a Cricket Australia Under 19 squad will play a series of 12 T20 matches over four days in Blacktown.

ACT/NSW Country has named a 13-man squad, while NSW Metro selectors have chosen 17 players for the tournament. Six NSW players will represent the Cricket Australia XI across the four days.

Nevill will captain NSW Metro for three of its six matches, while Blues batsman and Parramatta captain, Nick Bertus, skippers the side in the other three fixtures.

In the other pool of four teams, including Western Australia, Tasmania, South Australia and Victoria, the WACA Ground and Lilac Hill will also host 12 Twenty20 matches across both venues.
Interesting idea, seems a bit late though? Also playing it at Blacktown seems dumb, unless it's no longer the slowest ground in the universe.

Burgey

What a ****ing gun.

Also top scored in the low scoring T20 win for NSW Metro over the CA XI yesterday at the Blacktown ****hole. So, NSW selectors doing what they always do, they move him down the order for today's game, where he only faces 10 balls as they find themselves 3/11 and get passed by ACT/ NSW country with an over to spare.

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Reminds me of Scott Walter who has been at the top of the wickets tally in First Grade for the past 5 years or so but gets overlooked for ****s like Luke Feldman.

Burgey

I think the other two parramatta batsman who’ve done it are Doug Walters and John Benaud, but I shall check that with the club historian.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Reminds me of Scott Walter who has been at the top of the wickets tally in First Grade for the past 5 years or so but gets overlooked for ****s like Luke Feldman.
Walter was actually really impressive when he played Shield cricket for a couple of seasons as a younger player as well; he just seemed to stop getting picked for no apparent reason despite having looked good and gone on to consistently clean up grade cricket afterwards.

Top_Cat

Don't think it's that much of a mystery, tbh. Wasn't quick nor move it enough for FC level.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I did wonder what happened to Scott Walter. Absolutely gunned it in the shield a few years back then dropped off the face of the earth.