• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kohli and Shastri deserve to be sacked immediately

SteveWaugh

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Despite being an Indian, I am screaming with joy at the proceedings. Hopefully this teaches the Indian selectors and Kohli himself to not be so consumed by nationalism and mistaken pride (the kind propagated by the current obnoxious BJP government). They also deserve this because of the general bias against South Indians and players of Muslim origin. The countless comments of hatred against the likes of Shami (despite him being miles better than overrated bowlers like Bumrah and Hardik), Karthik and Vijay show us how idiotic the majority of my countrymen seem to be.

As for the cricket, I propose the following lineup for Australia:

Vijay, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Ashwin (C), Karthik (VC), Bhuvneshwar, Shami, Umesh, Ishant.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Despite being an Indian, I am screaming with joy at the proceedings. Hopefully this teaches the Indian selectors and Kohli himself to not be so consumed by nationalism and mistaken pride (the kind propagated by the current obnoxious BJP government). They also deserve this because of the general bias against South Indians and players of Muslim origin. The countless comments of hatred against the likes of Shami (despite him being miles better than overrated bowlers like Bumrah and Hardik), Karthik and Vijay show us how idiotic the majority of my countrymen seem to be.

As for the cricket, I propose the following lineup for Australia:

Vijay, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Ashwin (C), Karthik (VC), Bhuvneshwar, Shami, Umesh, Ishant.
Ok

Borges

International Regular
Why shouldn't this Ashwin be sacked?
Either for lying about his fitness or for utter incompetence. Take your pick.

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
So many parts of your post which is daft, I will highlight one - So you are saying there is currently racism towards Muslims in the Indian selection??!! Wtf. If they are racist to Muslims then they would be racist to Sikhs right? Kohli the captain is Sikh. Bumrah is Sikh. Dhawan is Sikh .... maybe you have an anti Sikh agenda "Steve Waugh" lol

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I have some time for the OP.

I agree that Shastri must be sacked immediately. I also agree that Ashwin should be made captain ahead of Kohli (always thought so). In fact, I agree with your playing XI too.

But why bring Kohli's Nationalism into this? Speaking about hatred towards Muslim and South Indian players - I haven't seen any of that (except a recent irrational pathetic hatred towards Ashwin in CW - but I don't know if that has anything to do with him being South Indian). Do you have some evidences of hatred towards the other players that you've named?

Hoping to get a serious response

trundler

It has to do with him doing dumb ****, being a fat piece of **** and being generally **** away.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It has to do with him doing dumb ****, being a fat piece of **** and being generally **** away.
I think only the first of the 3 criticisms apply to Kohli.

But the question was not to you - I'm hoping to get a serious response from SteveWaugh

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Pujara strikes me as a good antidote to Kohlian (see what I did there?) uber passion. Why not give Pujara the captaincy?

flibbertyjibber

They won't sack Kohli as the batting is so bad they may drop any of them so who captains the side?

Shastri I hope they keep just to keep him off the tv making my ears bleed.