• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Sim League VII

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm surprised Bill Edrich didn't make it into your England squad, Michael. Still looks a solid squad nonetheless.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
I didn't realise that the game wouldn't consider Bob Wyatt an openner so could I plese replace him with the first one of the following that the game recognises as an openning batsman:

Cyril Walters
Jack Robertson
Charlie Barnett
Reg Simpson
Harold Gimblett
Paul Gibb

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't realise that the game wouldn't consider Bob Wyatt an openner so could I plese replace him with the first one of the following that the game recognises as an openning batsman:

Cyril Walters
Jack Robertson
Charlie Barnett
Reg Simpson
Harold Gimblett
Paul Gibb
Sure, all of these batsman are recognised as openers. However, Gibb is already playing for Yorkshire.

Shri

Mr. Glass
1. Pankaj Roy
2. Vinoo Mankad
3. Madhav Apte
4. Vijay Hazare
5. Vijay Merchant
6. Vijay Manjrekar +
7. Polly Umrigar
8. Lala Amarnath
9. Subhash Gupte
10. Amar Singh
11. Mohd Nissar

12. Ghulam Ahmed
13. Dattu Phadkar
14. Rusi Modi
15. Hemu Adhikari

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Rest of England XI

Cyril Walters
David Sheppard
Wally Hammond (*)
Denis Compton
Phil Mead
Frank Woolley
Les Ames (+)
Maurice Tate
Harold Larwood
Tich Freeman
Ken Farnes

New Zealand

Bert Sutcliffe
Stewie Dempster
Merv Wallace
John Reid (*)
Martin Donnelly
Giff Vivian
Tony MacGibbon
Bill Merritt
Tom Burtt
Ken James (+)
Jack Cowie

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
West Indies XI- FromTheCowPen:\

/° Jeff Stollmeyer RHB
/ Everton Weekes RHB
/ Geroge Headley RHB
/o Frank Worrell RHB/SLA
+ Clyde Walcott RHB
/o Learie Constantine RHB/RF
/o John Goddard LHB/OS
/o Gerry Gomez RHB/RM
o Manny Martindale RHB/RF
o Sonny Ramadhin RHB/OS
o Alf Valentine RHB/SLA

/o Denis Atkinson RHB/OS
+ Robert Christiani RHB
/° Allan Rae LHB
o Leslie Hylton RHB/RF

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Lancashire squad:

Charles Hallows
Cyril Washbrook
Ernest Tyldesley
Eddie Paynter
Jack Ikin
Ken Cranston*
Bill Farrimond+
Brian Statham
Dick Pollard
Dick Tyldesley
Roy Tattersall

Frank Watson
Winston Place
Jack Iddon
Malcolm Hilton
Can I make a late change to the squad - Norman Oldfield for Frank Watson?

First 11 there is the XI for the first match.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Can I make a late change to the squad - Norman Oldfield for Frank Watson?

First 11 there is the XI for the first match.
Oldfield played most of his cricket for Northants, but since Michael is unlikely to select him I'll let you have him.

So atm I'm just in the midst of formatting the database, looking to get the comp underway in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, let's see some predictions. Who do you guys think will be the top 2 teams by tournament's end?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oldfield played most of his cricket for Northants, but since Michael is unlikely to select him I'll let you have him.

So atm I'm just in the midst of formatting the database, looking to get the comp underway in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, let's see some predictions. Who do you guys think will be the top 2 teams by tournament's end?
RoE and NSW, probably.

Spewing I wasn't online when people were nominating teams.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Quickie update, databasing is almost complete. Looking to begin simulating round 1 in a day or so. If you haven't specifically posted your R1 playing XI, about now will be a good time to do so. Otherwise I will just assume people want me to use the XI they named when initially posting their squads.

On a side note, there is still a large group of quality players currently unselected. Enough to make for a rather competitive World XI side. If anyone wants to manage them, they're welcome to do so and I will post a list of the best available players for them to choose a squad from. This means we will expand to a 13-team comp and the World XI will have a bye in round 1. I will re-work the remaining championship fixtures to accommodate them. a 13-team comp also means that each team gets an even amount of home & away fixtures.

First come, first served.

kingkallis

International Coach
Quickie update, databasing is almost complete. Looking to begin simulating round 1 in a day or so. If you haven't specifically posted your R1 playing XI, about now will be a good time to do so. Otherwise I will just assume people want me to use the XI they named when initially posting their squads.

On a side note, there is still a large group of quality players currently unselected. Enough to make for a rather competitive World XI side. If anyone wants to manage them, they're welcome to do so and I will post a list of the best available players for them to choose a squad from. This means we will expand to a 13-team comp and the World XI will have a bye in round 1. I will re-work the remaining championship fixtures to accommodate them. a 13-team comp also means that each team gets an even amount of home & away fixtures.

First come, first served.
I will take the World XI if no-one else is interested.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I will take the World XI if no-one else is interested.
Done. Here is a list of some of the available players to choose your squad from. Of course, this isn't everyone. You are free to pick anyone else that is currently unselected by anyone that played at least one Test between 1928-1953.

Ken Meuleman, Ron Oxenham, Ron Hammence, Graeme Hole, Gil Langley (wk), Mervyn Waite, Frank Ward, Jack Moroney, Ron Saggers (wk), Otto Nothling, Leo O'Brien, Len Darling, Stork Hendry, Todd a'Beckett, George Tribe, Don Blackie, Laurie Nagel, Roy Kliner, George Macaulay, Alec Coxon, Bill Edrich, Gubby Allen, Jack Young, Jack Robertson, Cliff Gladwin, Les Jackson, George Gunn, Walter Keeton, Arthur Carr, Joe Hardstaff, Reg Simpson, George Geary, Ewart Astill, Vallence Jupp, Bob Wyatt, Eric Hollies, Tom Dollery, Dick Spooner (wk), George Duckworth (wk), Don Kenyon, Percy Chapman, Doug Wright, Godfrey Evans (wk), Derek Shackleton, Ian Peebles, KS Duleepsinhji, Jim Parks (wk), Stan Nichols, Doug Insole, Jack Crapp, George Emmett, Reg Sinfield, Nobby Clark, Stan Worthington, Tom Goddard, Norman Yardley, Jack Crapp, George Mann, Willie Watson, George Challenor, Clifford Roach, George Francis, Herman Griffith, Prior Jones, Wilfred Ferguson, Andy Ganteaume, John Trim, Hines Johnson, Ken Weekes, Clive van Ryneveld, John Watkins, Xenophon Balaskas, Nummy Deane, Jock Cameron (wk), Bob Catterall, Neville Quinn, Sandy Bell, Eric Dalton, Ken Viljoen, Billy Wade, Pieter van der Bijl, Athol Rowan, Cuan McCarthy, Jack Cheetham, Percy Mansell, Ken Funston, Anton Murray, Ted Badcock, Curly Page, Lindsay Weir, Verdun Scott, Frank Mooney (wk), Geoff Rabone, Harry Cave, CK Nayudu, Nawab of Pataudi sr, Mushtaq Ali, Sadashiv Shinde, Gulabrai Ramchand

kingkallis

International Coach
World XI

Jack Moroney /
Jack Robertson /
KS Duleepsinhji /
Bill Edrich / o
Joe Hardstaff /
Peter van der Bijl /
Jock Cameron + /
Gubby Allen o /
Vallance Jupp o
Nobby Clark o
Les Jackson o

Ken Meuelman /
Roy Kliner / o
Stan Nichols o /
Doug Wright o

kingkallis

International Coach
Kindly suggest changes as I have selected this team in a hurry.

I was confused between Cameron or Parks. Maybe Parks is a better bat for the sim? ;)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks good mate, but surely the Nawab of Pataudi should be in there.

FYI the World XI will be based in England.