• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was Sehwag the greatest player of spin in the hisory of the game ??

Was Sehwag greatest spin player?

• Total voters

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
It's a pretty lame takedown given his team tampered the ball and refused to take the field once caught. We may not play civil cricket, but atleast we play.
tampered the ball? lol

Chandimal only shined ball. get your facts right ffs.

I remember Shakib being a cry baby in that Nidahas Trophy game, wanting to halt the proceedings. And smashed the dressing room glasses at the RPS

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
I understand you're massively insecure because you have tied your entire self esteem and self worth into the success of your country's failing cricket team, and that to make yourself feel the slightest bit good about yourself you need to go around the internet bringing up the handful of times in the last decade they've been remotely competitive, but you need to realise that none of us give a **** about who they beat and when, because it's not relevant to the discussion at hand.

I also understand that you think telling people about all the times their team lost is some big 'gotcha' moment, but what you fail to grasp is that the rest of us don't lock ourselves in our rooms to cry ourselves to sleep into our pillows after our teams lose, sobbing about Thisara Perera bowling yet another over full of **** full tosses in yet another ODI loss to India, to only then dream of a day where we actually qualify for the finals of the Nidahas trophy instead of having to watch superior teams prance about on our home turf. Trust me, the rest of us have moved on, and we're more interested in discussing what made Warne and Murali special (and to a lesser extent, who the best batsman against spin ever was) than we are about the one time in 1987 a Sri Lankan School Boys team narrowly beat out a Harrow's School 3rd XI in some tour game.
who gives a fuk about meaningless ODI bi-laterals lol

try getting to a SF at least in a WC or a Wt20, and then speak.

how is this a failing team?

Quite ironic a B'desh team is saying that.

SL were the first team to win vs Pak in the UAE, 2-0 which happened last year.

Borges

International Regular
C'mon, guys, please bring this discussion back on topic: Warne vs Murali.

All this talk about Bangladesh, snake dance, Sri Lanka etc. is TOTAB.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A quick skim of the last page suggests I may be able to give my favourite type of warning or infraction after I dig back through to find out who actually made this thread a nationalistic pissing contest for no reason. I love that so much!

Flametree

International 12th Man
If "how you did against Murali" is the measure of greatness against spin in general, Stephen Fleming must be in with a shout...

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
A quick skim of the last page suggests I may be able to give my favourite type of warning or infraction after I dig back through to find out who actually made this thread a nationalistic pissing contest for no reason. I love that so much!

huh? all what I am saying is the little chances SL got to prove themselves. They've got one off test matches still 98 in England until Murali got the 16 wicket haul. Since we have got multiple test tours. If Murali was even born in India, he would have had more opportunities to present himself at a greater level, and could have got a better recognition. Warne other hand payed for Australia. and we all know tests played by Australia gathers all the attention. Murali lacked that opportunity and played only 6 Tests in Australia.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Sorry for bringing up Grimmett vs Verity on page 3.

Spark

Global Moderator
huh? all what I am saying is the little chances SL got to prove themselves. They've got one off test matches still 98 in England until Murali got the 16 wicket haul. Since we have got multiple test tours. If Murali was even born in India, he would have had more opportunities to present himself at a greater level, and could have got a better recognition. Warne other hand payed for Australia. and we all know tests played by Australia gathers all the attention. Murali lacked that opportunity and played only 6 Tests in Australia.
given that cribb didn't mention you this post gives off a strong "he doth protest too much" vibe

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's not all you were saying.

Sri Lanka got its test status in 1982. Took only 9 years to produce the World's best Test bowler and only 14 years to win a WC 8-)
look at where Bangladesh is. Still minnows and it has been 18 years :laugh:

best achievement beating India in 2007 WC stage
This is a forum, and if you cant withstand other ppls opinion, siply ****off.

Just stick to the Naagin dance, for all that you blokes know, not to play civil cricket :laugh:
Don't continue this line of nationalistic posting which comes without provocation and adds nothing to the discussion.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Cook's hardly part of this generation is he? I'm talking abut the post 2010 crowd since there're so many crap players of spin like de Kock, Rahane, Faf etc.
I'm going to put my old man yelling at clouds hat on and speculate that this is because they have grown up in an era where the correct way to play against spin is to mow some dart throwing straight-breaker bowling on a runway into the crowd to bring up your team's 6th DLF maximum of the innings.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Border was a finger spinner? I always thought he was a part time chinaman bowler like Katich and Bevan. Figured it was one of those weird Australian things to have crabby left handed batsmen who bowl part time legbreaks.

All this time Burgey was a fan of finger spin. Who knew?
On this, isn't Katich statistically one of the greatest Chinaman bowlers that Test cricket has ever seen?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
On this, isn't Katich statistically one of the greatest Chinaman bowlers that Test cricket has ever seen?
Only six bowlers who exclusively bowled this style have taken more Test wickets than him, and four of those six have higher averages than him.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i love randycricfreak

remember that one time he tried to argue that SL took less time to win a WC than india