• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of India 2018

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Seems a pretty sensible squad. Resting Bhuvi and Bhumrah for workload reasons. Ishant is injured. Otherwise full strength and formidable as hell at home.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why does Bhuvi need to be rested for workload reasons given he missed the five tests in England?

Slifer

International Captain
Tbh given the strength he wi and the series to follow down under, I'd rest him as well. India have their best opportunity ever to beat Australia in Australia. No point in risking key players when an Indian B team could beat the wi.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Excited for Mayank. But I think Shaw will debut before him. Would love both of them to debut though.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It would make sense, only if he is also rested for the many limited overs games that are scheduled after the tests.
Yeah, but Bhuvi will now likely be rusty by the time the Aus series comes around. My only feeling is that maybe the selectors haven't penciled him in the XI for Australia.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, but Bhuvi will now likely be rusty by the time the Aus series comes around. My only feeling is that maybe the selectors haven't penciled him in the XI for Australia.
Considering how Kohli, Shastri and co have gone about their selections in the past I think you might be onto something there. I can't see how he isn't the first bowler selected, control, even more than pace, is everything in Australia, and they can't afford a situation like last time where Ishant is the economical one, a role I don't think he's suited to. I'd be looking at the bowling attack very carefully for the Australia tour, with the current dryness here it's likely pitches will be like last time, even the early season pitches now are quite dry.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
I'm guessing India will line up like this on Thursday:

- KL Rahul
- PP Shaw
- C Pujara
- V Kohli*
- A Rahane
- H Vihari
- R Pant+
- R Ashwin
- R Jadeja
- M Shami
- U Yadav

Thoughts?

Borges

International Regular
I guess that is what the eleven will be. Though, I would favour Mayank Agarwal over Rahane.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm guessing India will line up like this on Thursday:

- KL Rahul
- PP Shaw
- C Pujara
- V Kohli*
- A Rahane
- H Vihari
- R Pant+
- R Ashwin
- R Jadeja
- M Shami
- U Yadav

Thoughts?
Yes, this should be the eleven. Too strong for the Windies in Indian conditions. I would play Mayank over any other batsman just to give him a chance.

morgieb

Is rohit not even in the squad? Seems like they've scrapped him from tests for good.
Yeah, he isn't.

I think he does get a bit of a bad wrap on here and it's not quite proven as to whether he's a minnow basher or a HTB, but I think India's batting depth is good enough to look at other options rather than a "decent with significant flaws" kind of player.

OverratedSanity

Yeah I'd have him in the squad still. He's not really done much wrong except be terrible overseas which isn't much different from the rest of the lineup.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Won't mind Kuldeep getting a go in Indian conditions in place of Ashwin who needs to sort his brain out.

garylyon

School Boy/Girl Captain
No, Ashwin needs to play. How else is he going to overtake Muralitharan if he starts missing test series against West Indies at home?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to say I am still not 100% sold on bringing Shaw in to Test cricket so early. It's clear he is quite some talent, but there is always the risk that a string of failures early will scar him for a while. This Windies pace attack shouldn't be underestimated.