• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of India 2018

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
You're on the money GotSpin. Just looked it up on cricinfo and that's exactly what Stewie is getting up to. Wishing the great man the best of luck.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Well that's a blow. I think he's done a magnificent job of making us competitive in test cricket. He's been less successful in ODI cricket but he wasn't given too much ammunition to work with. I think he can hold his head high on the job he's done when many others have struggled. I think he's been the best we've had since John Dyson.

His family live in the UK and this way he'll be able to see them every day, so it's a no-brainer really. No bad feelings about his decision. I hope we replace him with a similar character. Calm Aussies seem to do the trick. I'd like to see Simon Katich get the role if he applies for it.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Also Kemar Roach's Grandmother died so he's flying home and will miss the warm up match. As someone who usually needs bowling to get into his work, I think this means he may struggle on this tour when historically he's been excellent in the sub-continent.

rparikh14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dhawan dropped, Agarwal, Rahul and Shaw to be openers this series I guess.

Excited to see Siraj bowl - had some mad figures against Aus A.

Thoughts about Dhawan being dropped? I agree with this because although he is a beast in the subcontinent, he really doesn't have the game to be successful in SENA.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhawan is hopeless in tests, and whilst Rahul has been poor, he at least looks decent before he gets out for 23 so I hope he comes good. West Indies at home is probably the right time to blood a new opener like Shaw too IMO.

OverratedSanity

No excuse to not debut Shaw. Dropping Nair is rather odd. Kept on the sidelines for the entire overseas leg and gets binned in favor of Hackuman Vihari.

OverratedSanity

Dhawan is hopeless in tests, and whilst Rahul has been poor, he at least looks decent before he gets out for 23 so I hope he comes good. West Indies at home is probably the right time to blood a new opener like Shaw too IMO.
Dhawan is just bad overseas, he's a good opener in the subcontinent.

OverratedSanity

Also hope Vijay continues to rediscover his touch in county cricket. He should still be the backup opener in Australia imo, not convinced he has nothing left to contribute just yet.

vcs

Dhawan is just bad overseas, he's a good opener in the subcontinent.
Guy has a strong mentality - gotta give him that.

Had a miserable time in the SA Tests but made runs in the ODIs and then bullied Afghanistan. Then gets owned by Anderson in swinging conditions but comes straight back and dominates in friendly conditions in the Asia Cup. Doesn't really let failure phase him much.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

No Bhuvi, Bumrah, and Ishant. Rested, one would think. That means Siraj has a shot at getting selected, although 6 batsmen will probably be played.

KL and Mayank to open most probably. Mayank has had a stupendous season. Nair dropped, terrible handling of him. DK's out for good unless Pant messes up spectacularly behind the stumps.

SeamUp

International Coach
In the warm up game Agarwal & Bawne in the runs.

Pretty sure Shaw will debut before Agarwal.