• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best current test batting lineup

Which side has the best top 7 for test matches?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Where are these teams playing? That will be a pretty big part of the question. Certainly India in the subcon, and probably WI too, but certainly not in England.

mr_mister

Could have easily said India before this series exposed them all as home track bullies

It's a toughie

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia are ****ed without Smith and Warner. England are so ****ed they lost a test to Pakistan at home. Pakistan have always been ****ed. India getting ****ed by England atm. South Africa didn't have a single bat that wasn't ****ed by SL who are also ****ed, much like WI and BD. Everyone's ****ed.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Australia are ****ed without Smith and Warner. England are so ****ed they lost a test to Pakistan at home. Pakistan have always been ****ed. India getting ****ed by England atm. South Africa didn't have a single bat that wasn't ****ed by SL who are also ****ed, much like WI and BD. Everyone's ****ed.
See NZ win

mr_mister

i'd be interested to see which most recent top 7 fielded by all the test teams(excluding nightwatchman) averages the highest.

Bolo

State Captain
What a revolting pole. I'd say NZ, but the pole specifies current team, which eliminates them.

I refuse to vote. This might be the worst period for batting quality in a century.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
While still not a consistently strong team, this WI test side is probably the strongest they have had in a while.

Well, except Devon Smith that is.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
For a similar thread recently India got the vote. Looks such a bad call now in hindsight.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whoever's playing at home?

None of them?

So hard to choose because they all such so much. I guess I'd go with either India or Australia given their home performances but then look how they are away . . . but Australia aren't even in the conversation with Warner and Smith out.