Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a home

Cricket Spectator
    Langers

does this latent inability to pitch the salim in the batsmans half of the strip indicate that you are currently experiencing the "yips"?

Sincerely

Yarnos

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarnos Theoros
    Langers

does this latent inability to pitch the salim in the batsmans half of the strip indicate that you are currently experiencing the "yips"?

Sincerely

Yarnos
    Not so, although my recent exploits with the bat have left me feeling a little bit spent, reducing my capacity to function as a bowler..

I recently hit a stylish half century "up the Wivvey"...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Spectator

WDCC Job Application

Following the election of Umpire Peter McConnells son Glen McConnell as the Social Executive Director of the Mundijong and Associated Districts Darts and Petanque Club, I have heard a rumour that the head barman job at WDCC is up for grabs.

Can anyone shed some light on the intentions of PK? Personally I feel that juggling the Curator, Shed Cleaning, Turf painting, Ray Mansfield Green Rolling and Barman roles is too much for one person to handle despite the mans obvious talents. I also heard that they have offered the job to Saundo for a packet of Second Grade keeper and a burnt hot dog from Griff.

Please help, I am keen to get in the mixer and offer some culinary and libationary delights to all in sundry. Is my old trou still at the club - The old lady with the curly mullet who used to shake her head and talk to herself?
    Cheers
    Mick

Cricket Spectator
    Mr Grager

The word on the WCG is that the Manjimup Wood Packer will soon not only be running the WDCC and WSC, but also Southlands Shopping Centre, BGC, Rio Tinto and the Willetton Baptist College. His entire work ethos is to be admired and soon will be available for all to yearn and masticulate in a series of seminars and books.

The damsel you so elequently refer to was last seen in the corner of the WSC bar attempting to seduce former Rats timekeeper Peter "Geppy" Gepp into a liasion of staunch physical contact (please note that neither have been seen since).

RE - burnt hot dogs - I trust you know that the puffy Nuffy is responsible for the high grade cuisine one can feast on after a solid training fixture at Rats Reserve. The secret added taste actually comes from the fact that he doesnt wash his Christian Andersens after reliveing himself (generally in the confines of his own Reg Grundys).

As an addendum, has anyone found those Kenyan marathon runners? The opening ceremony is in eight days time and their absence will erode Kenyan hopes of medal stisticity in Athens.

Sincerely

Yarnos

Cricket Spectator
    Dear fellow learned cricketing scholars,

Given the prevalence of uncertainty--and being at least as smart as squirrels--humans have instituted epistemological processes like "peer review." An example is a medical journal editor noticing that the mansucript s/he's reviewing reports more "degrees of freedom" in the results section than it had "subjects" earlier and decides against publication. Various studies have propogated that "peer review"--operationalised by extramural review--as an empirical process, using scores aggregated over reviewers and committees as empirical data. Sometimes "peer review" fails us, e..g., publication of methodologically flawed racist articles published in U.S. academic journals in the 1920s (or worse, in the former totalitarian u.s.s.r., when publication meant "biologist" Lysenko agreed with you--and if he didn't you'd be lucky to be just in jail). To the extent we forget that "peer review" is an empirical process, i believe we risk a return to the dogmatism of science of the middle ages and of a number of religions today. And I think the issue of public math/s (for antipodean bretheren) and "peer review" unavoidable: the first interactive site I found online let anyone specify levels of variables like "prevalence" and "fertility" to compute outcomes like number of orphaned children.

Sincerely,

Yarnos

Cricket Spectator

Mauritius

Hello again my fellow devotees to this great game

I am wondering if anyone has come in contact with former Rat and Patent Attorney, MR TL Archibald of Combined Insurance, Smash Repairs and Patent Legalities Pty Ltd (my sincere thanks to Mr Mick Grager for this information).
    I have heard it is possible that he may have entered the up vibe world of modelling in Mauritius. For those who dont know much about Mauritius, let me take this opportunity to enlighten you.

Discovered by the Portuguese in 1505, Mauritius was subsequently held by the Dutch, French, and British before independence was attained in 1968. A stable democracy with regular free elections and a positive human rights record, the country has attracted considerable foreign investment and has earned one of Africa's highest per capita incomes. Recent poor weather and declining sugar prices have slowed economic growth, leading to some protests over standards of living in the Creole community.

I believe Archibalds ultimate aim is to become PM of this fine country. His honesty and integrity have never been in question so I trust you Mauritanians out there should elect the aforementioned yorath to a position of extreme power (he also flips a mean fowl).

Sincerely

Yarnos

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information