• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Pro

Haggers

Cricket Spectator
Any Info

I too am from australia and am a keen follower of the local grade scene. I am keen to assess how some of our Aussie boys adjust to your English conditions. I believe there is a chap about those parts by the name Welton first mame may be Greg or Glen. I think he played a bit for Notts. Anyone got any info on this chap and where and how he is fairing currently. I saw him play a bit and felt him to be suspect to anything short.

Haggers

Cricket Spectator
Recruitment

I hate to blow my own trumpet but I am also a high ranking comittee member at a local district club in Australia much like Caistor town I assume. My right hand man at the club Daniel Waters is our recruitment manager and is very keen to hear from any one who wishes to come to australia for our summer. He has asked me to post this with a club of the ilk and reputation of Caistor town so as we ensure quality players to our much loved club. For further information please contact daniel on daniel.waters@aig.com

Haggers

Cricket Spectator
Please let me know.

Learned gentlemen
I have not recieve any info on this yet and am still keen to find the whereabouts and achievents of these players can anyone help.
Hags
8-)

jimmythecow

Cricket Spectator
Help for Haggers

At last a reply for you from a Caistor member. Our Aussie, Shane "Lavs" Lavender is currently top of our batting averages with 41. Scoring 329 from 9 innings. Well impressive. Guy Welton (ex notts) and son of our chairman Bob is currently turning out for Lincolnshire. Hope that helps

Haggers

Cricket Spectator
Jimmy your a champ.

Jimmy

Thanks for your reply mate I was wondering where this youngster was. Do you find him to be limited in his strokeplay as we are looking at him for next season to play at the Rostrata Rats.
If you do speak to him can you please inform him that Kim Hagdorn was enquiring as to his performance and I hope that he continues in this vain.

Also thanking you for this information on young Welton I as I have mentioned before have found him to be a solid player lacking somewhat on the back stool when things get a bit hot. I find he prefers to play these deliveries from beside the umpire and that is the square leg umpire for your information.

I appreciate your feedback Jimmy and would request you could perform that simple task for me.

Please keep me a breast of the performances of young "Lavs" as you so affectionately term him and I look forward to some further prompt communque.

Once again thank you.

Regards

Haggers
:cool:

Andre

International Regular
Welton turned out for my club (Mosman CC) last summer in the Sydney grade competition. He was around third highest runscorer in the comp from memory - a good player. I think he might be coming back.

Haggers

Cricket Spectator
Welton

Andre

Thank you for your comments. Did you find him suspect on the back foot?
I have heard he is a queer sort of chap to have around the club is this true as we too are looking to acquire his services for the upcoming season.

Look forward to hearing from you and Jimmy the Cow again.

Hags

:p

Haggers

Cricket Spectator
Boys,
Rostrata Rats are a most reputable unit boys in the perth cricket scene.
Can anyone shed some light on the technical aspects of young lavenders game and of that of Welton. Strengths deficencies etc.
Haggers

Haggers

Cricket Spectator
I have not heard from any of you as to the progress of the aforementioned units playing about these parts. CMon boys any information!!!!!
:@

Yarnos Theoros

Cricket Spectator
The World Cricket Grapevine (WCG) has informed me that young S.C.Lavender is being offerred mega bucks to do a Judas (Sos) and leave the leafy surrounds of the Rostrata Rats CC and join the Docker Boyz. Can anyone confirm or deny this?? :wacko:

Sincerely

Yarnos Theoros

(Greece PAK (Crete) League leading bowler (Giannopulous division) 1994/95)

Haggers

Cricket Spectator
Come one Come all.

My fellow cricketing scholars.
News of the exploits of the aforementioned has seemed to have dried up can I also assume that this may also be the case as to the runs and accomplishments of these gentlemen.
Time is drawing near for us to make approaches to these lads and your valued input into as to the validity of their worth would be much appreciated.
Come one come all as the more news the better before we throw down the gauntlet in feverish negotiations to secure the services for the upcoming Australian summer.
Yours in cricket.
Haggers.

:mellow:

Yarnos Theoros

Cricket Spectator
RE: Come one come all

Dear Haggers

I am continually impressed with the vibrant enthusiasm you display in your endeavours to attract players to the Rostrata Rats. The impending recruitment of Shane Lavender will no doubt be a boon to your club. A local KFC outlet obviously agrees and has come up with a very generous sponsorship deal for young Lavender should he join the Rats for the forthcoming season. A bucket of 21 piece original recipe will be provided to him every Sunday so he can watch the exciting Colts fixtures in the leafy surrounds of Rats Reserve. We are currently in negotiations with local liquor stores to see if they can chip in with some white cans which will no doubt top off a very relaxing day after he has peeled off a hundred the previous day for the Rats.
Hopefully this sort of confidence in young Lavender will convince him his future (in Australia at least) lies with the mighty Rats. Please convey on to him all the best for the rest of his time in England and looking forward to hear off his switch to Rostrata. :D

Sincerely

Yarnos :cool:

Andre

International Regular
Haggers;

I can't say that I know an awful lot about Welton's technique. Because all grades play on the same day at the same times I wasn't able to see him play. I bowled to him a few times in the nets but was more focused on what I was doing than what he was. He did, however, score well and is coming back to us next summer as far as I know.

Haggers

Cricket Spectator
Andre
Thank you for your brief synopsis of Welton. How did you find his interaction with other club members and was he a valuable asset off the field. This will be an imperitive part of any signing.
Thank you for your views and I look forward to your responce.
Haggers.

Mr Mick Grager

Cricket Spectator
Hello from Gosnells

My name is Mr Mick Grager former stalwart barman from the WDCC. I remember serving coulthards to a young Shane Lavender at the WDCC and could never have guessed he would progress to such a prestigious position as overseas player at Caistor Town Cricket Club. Despite his limitations on the off side I feel he has adapted beautifully to the rigours of league cricket and I will follow his career with some interest.
On apersonal note I would like to thank Mr Damien Langley for his ongoing support at Eagle Boys and the local Chinese shop Foo Win for their many dedicated hours preparing my meals.
All the Best
Mick the barman

Yarnos Theoros

Cricket Spectator
Dear Mick

I believe I have heard about some of your contra over the years - great to hear your still alive. I dont believe the Surburban league has been the same since you ceased throwing up those wily thoff breaks in tandem with OJ Needham. What fine days they were.

Can you confirm that the D Langley at Eagle Boys is the same D Langley who was a strapping young fast med in the KJ Hagdorn era?? :huh:

Sincerely

Yarnos

Haggers

Cricket Spectator
Confusion

The information I am recieving is fleeting at best in relation to young Lavender and weltons performances in the various conferences in which they play. Is there a subsciber in any domain that has an idea of their stats and recomendations on techniques and personalities.
Hags.
:ph34r: