• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Did you know?

masterblaster

International Captain
That Sachin Tendulkar is the richest cricketer in the world. He gets paid a total of AUD$42 Million a year which is approx USD$20 Million in contracts, match fees, sponserships etc. Now that he is joining ESPN it should get him even more.

Shane Warne only gets AUD$1.2 million a year or something like that

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
That Sachin Tendulkar is the richest cricketer in the world. He gets paid a total of AUD$42 Million a year which is approx USD$20 Million in contracts, match fees, sponserships etc. Now that he is joining ESPN it should get him even more.

Shane Warne only gets AUD$1.2 million a year or something like that
Good for him!! Sachin is a far better cricketer than Warne and seems to be a really nice guy too!

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
Sachin Tendulkar in one of a few players that deserve that type of money. Yeh Sachin seems like a decent bloke. And he does not have that enoying ego that many of the Australian players have :-D

[Edited on 7/4/02 by anthonysw]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Lol nice avatar and funny msg Top :P hehe

Sachin is a real nice man, even though he is a world class batsmen and earns a lot of money , he still talks to everyone and he respects people and people do to him. He doesnt get carried away.

Kimbo

International Debutant
and so he should.
people shouldn't treat others differently anyway. it isn't great that he does it, its just really bad that others don't. ;)

Eclipse

International Debutant
We how much of that money comes in his contract tho most of it would just be sponsership stuff wouldent it?

Also Tendulkar and Gilchrist are the Only two players That i reguarly see walk when they know they are out there both top batsman and great people :)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Sachin seems like a very modest man with a non-modest amount of talent! He takes the good with the bad and is an exceptional player regardless of he conditions, though he doesn't generally do well against South Africa. Oh well he's not 30 yeat so I think we've yet to see what he can really do.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I have a feeling that when he retires he might break a lot more records of batting and his total in O.D.I cricket might never be broken....

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have a feeling that when he retires he might break a lot more records of batting and his total in O.D.I cricket might never be broken....
Yeah but not many players starts Tests at what was it, 16??!?!? Maybe that Hamilton Madsakadska (totally wrong spelling, by the way) will give him a run for his money. HE scored Test ton in his first Test at 16............

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
would you take 42million if you had to stay in your house and could npt go out at all!!!

also money does not measure skilltendulkar is not 30 times better than warne.

anyway, ity is money, thats all, it means nothing once you die, "do not store up riches here, but in heaven where you will stay for eternity"

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
form the other topic, when did you put me in my place, i thought you got banned for swearing alot in a certain post anyways i was talking tto dan recently and he may unban you some time soon

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That topic was closed for a reason. That subject matter is not being brought back up again. Got it?

Back on topic - It's Hamilton Masakadza, he actually averages 35.77 in Tests at the age of 18. Which ain't bad at all. Wasn't there a Pakistani kid who played an international at 14 a few years back?

masterblaster

International Captain
AgeMaster please check your U2U inbox situated above, I have sent you a message which should clear up this whole thing.

Thanks!
Masterblaster