• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Player to Play 200 tests?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Genuinely thought about making this thread yesterday but dismissed the idea almost immediately given that it's not really funny

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tendulkar? He had a few matches for ICC World XI which are not tests where I am concerned. So no one.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Which begs the question, should the matches for World XI be removed from the stats? It is a no brainer that they should regardless of the uproar it would cause to Indian fans.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder who the worst player to play exactly 156 Tests was.

Probably someone largely forgotten :ph34r:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The weirdest part is that the World XI matches in the 70s and 80s were not added to the tests. However, some one suddenly decided in the 90s that they are tests, god knows why. I remember most statisticians at the time being against it too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This baffles me. Why should it not be counted as a Test? Just because World XI isn't a country?
Yes. Why should it count as a test? Because of the quality involved? So then why should not all of Yorkshire v Australia during Yorkshire's heyday be counted as tests?

Tests are between member nations of ICC which have been granted test status, nothing else.

TheJediBrah

Yes. Why should it count as a test? Because of the quality involved? So then why should not all of Yorkshire v Australia during Yorkshire's heyday be counted as tests?

Tests are between member nations of ICC which have been granted test status, nothing else.
The game was granted Test status months before when it was scheduled. I don't think just because World XI isn't a member nation is a good enough reason to not want it to have Test status.

Performances in that game, whether against the World XI (and it was a genuine full-strength World XI, not just a random selection of whoever was available like most "world XI" games have been) or the ATG Australians deserve to count.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah. In fact we should add in all the "Supertests" that were played in the Packer era to the test record as well. Ridiculous that they're still not considered tests.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The game was granted Test status months before when it was scheduled. I don't think just because World XI isn't a member nation is a good enough reason to not want it to have Test status.

Performances in that game, whether against the World XI (and it was a genuine full-strength World XI, not just a random selection of whoever was available like most "world XI" games have been) or the ATG Australians deserve to count.
You haven't answered my question..

Why should Yorkshire v Australia be granted test status? At best, it can should given first class status not test status. Tests are between ICC member countries who have been granted test status, I repeat.
`

srbhkshk

International Captain
You haven't answered my question..

Why should Yorkshire v Australia be granted test status? At best, it can should given first class status not test status. Tests are between ICC member countries who have been granted test status, I repeat.
`
Well in theory, Yorkshire vs Australia would be below the standard of what you would expect from England vs Australia. That's not the case for World XI vs Australia which in theory should actually be better than Any one nation Vs Australia.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well in theory, Yorkshire vs Australia would be below the standard of what you would expect from England vs Australia. That's not the case for World XI vs Australia which in theory should actually be better than Any one nation Vs Australia.
Are you aware of the strong Yorkshire sides at all? Lets talk practical instead of theory..

OverratedSanity

Yorkshire have historically been very strong.

And it's not really a question of standard. Test matches are between the member nations... to make an exception for one test just seemed bizarre to me especially considering the RoW tours were stripped of test status. Keep FC status, that's fine but it should not be recognized as an actual test match.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I think they should be counted. Rugby counts World XV as tests and they are included amongst the test sides the All Blacks have been defeated by in the last 125 odd years (World XV, British and Irish Lions, Australia, South Africa, England, France, Wales and now Ireland).

I expect Argentina will beat us sometime in the next 10 years and Scotland might as well

Last edited: