• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v Sri Lanka

Rich2001

International Captain
Because of a rain delay the match has been reduced to 32 overs per side.

England won the toss and elected to field first

Sri Lanka didn't waste any time getting going and are currently flying along at 7.11 an over after 20 overs.

ST Jayasuriya, is in scintillating form, currently 89 not out from just 68 balls in the process he has hit 7 4's and 4 6's.

England's bowling has been costly to say the least, Hoggard's only 2 overs went for 28 and Collingwood's 3 overs have so far cost 30. The pick of the England bowlers has been Flintoff with figures of 6-0-15-2.

Summary

SL - 148/3 (21.1 overs)

Jayasuriya 89*, Atapattu 18, Gunawardene 10*

Flintoff 6-0-15-2, Gough 5-0-30-1

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
England has won , sat up watchng the game , Sri lanka were of to a rocking start, I never thought Eng could make such a good comeback :P Congrats to England

Kimbo

International Debutant
yea. what a surprise.
i got an email from a pommy mate of mine telling me england was gonna lose- jayasuriya had jsut gone out for a hundred and something then.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
India playing today, hopefuly they dont win all these rounds and loose the finals , i want them to win atleast ONE FINALS !