• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prime Minister Imran Khan

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Has any cricketer attained a higher position post-retirement ?

Where many, myself included, thought he had absolutely no chance of winning the leadership of a country - he continues to confound the critics. :shocking:

Time will tell how well he does, but his place in history is secure. The 1st Test cricketer who represented their country substantially to be elected PM

Thoughts ?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will he tell the military what to do or will it be the other way round?

If the former he genuinely could make the world a better place, but I suspect there's as much chance of that as there is of Fulham winning the Premier League next season

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will he tell the military what to do or will it be the other way round?

If the former he genuinely could make the world a better place, but I suspect there's as much chance of that as there is of Fulham winning the Premier League next season
Well the military succeeded in getting him to the forefront over less preferred candidates but I doubt he'll allow them to dumpy run over him. After all, their previous horse (Nawaz) too had a falling out. It remains to be seen.

Bolo

State Captain
Imran made some statement about wanting to get cricket going between Pak and India. How realistic is this?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Currently, not very. Cricket has been used as a diplomatic tool before though. Bilateral relations would have to resumed and the Army stands in the way of that.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Has any cricketer attained a higher position post-retirement ?

Where many, myself included, thought he had absolutely no chance of winning the leadership of a country - he continues to confound the critics. :shocking:

Time will tell how well he does, but his place in history is secure. The 1st Test cricketer who represented their country substantially to be elected PM

Thoughts ?
That's putting it very mildly.

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I'm sure there are much better examples overseas, but this guy had an unlucky test career, and a fantastic business career.

Greg Loveridge | New Zealand Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPNcricinfo

He got selected for a test. Got injured when batting on his 21st birthday and never bowled a ball. His FC career wasn't going anywhere, but his cricket skills presumably helped to get him into Cambridge university. And then Sir Bob Jones took him under his wing.

Portfolio | Robt. Jones Holdings Limited

In 2017 at 42 years of age, he was already worth conservatively 90m and buying the next door neighbors houses to extend his dream home. https://www.nbr.co.nz/wealth-order-3

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mo...-bay-properties-for-extravagant-super-mansion

He's well in line to take over from Bob I imagine and just get even wealthier and eventually a knighthood (Gulfstream salesmen probably make them part of the package of buying your own plane or something).

So he is presumably well on his way to having Phil Edmonds beat: https://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/athletes/cricketer/phil-edmonds-net-worth/

Last edited: