• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Botham wants Hussain out

tooextracool

International Coach
EnglishRose said:
Gilchrist actually has a pretty poor technique. He has been lucky in the sense that he has played on a plethora of flat wickets and faced some very average bowlers.

If he played in the 1980's or even the early to mid 90's he would have averaged no more than 35 I wager.
which is still pretty good for a wicket keeper. gilchrist doesnt have a poor technique at all, not against fast bowlers anyways. he gets his feet to the pitch of the ball and can play any shot in the book-nothing wrong with that....it might not be exceptional but good enough for someone with so much power and a pretty good eye.

tooextracool

International Coach
twctopcat said:
That one should provoke a good bit of response. I think he bats so well because of usually coming in at 400/5, makes life a lot easier!
there have been many instances when he has come under pressure and performed with the bat.

twctopcat

International Regular
tooextracool said:
there have been many instances when he has come under pressure and performed with the bat.
I know, i said usually and was just referring to the strength of the australian batting.