• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dream Match-ups

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Hayden
Langer
Ponting
MWaugh
SWaugh
Lehmann
Gilchrist
Warne
Gillespie
Lee
McGrath

vs

Haynes
Greenidge
Richardson
Richards
Gomes
Lloyd
Dujon
Marshall
Garner
Holding
Walsh

vs

Morris
Barnes
Bradman
Hassett
Miller
Harvey
Tallon
Johnson
Lindwall
Johnston
Toshack

Something like that would be epic

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Barry Richards and Graeme Pollock at the crease facing Roberts, Marshall, Garner and Ambrose

Chrish

International Debutant
5 test series between late 70s SA vs WI teams.. This has to be the biggest tragedy of Cricket.

Among players, Mcgrath vs Viv without any doubt. Mcgrath would be in Viv's face as always; it would have been interesting to see how Viv would respond.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'd love to see Hadlee vs Martin Crowe in a test match. Interestingly Sir Paddles never dismissed MDC in 1st class cricket (Canterbury v Auckland/Central Districts & Notts v Somerset).

I'd also like to see Barnes vs a modern day batsman or WG vs a modern day bowler. Jessop vs Rashid Khan in a T20 would be fun too

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would love to see McWarne against their own team. Not sure if it happened enough in the Shield.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Would love to see McWarne against their own team. Not sure if it happened enough in the Shield.
Never happened. They played for different Shield teams throughout their careers. You would have seen Mc vs his own team, ditto for Warne, but never McWarne.

Zinzan

Sir Dick Hadlee vs. Steve Smith on a wicket with just a little swing and seam. Like to know how Smith's technique would hold up. Not saying it wouldn't, but would like to see it nonetheless.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i'd love to see the peak post readmission south africa team vs the peak west indies versus peak mcgrath-waugh australia in a test tri series

three of the most unfairly balanced sides ever in batting and bowling

trundler

i'd love to see the peak post readmission south africa team vs the peak west indies versus peak mcgrath-waugh australia in a test tri series

three of the most unfairly balanced sides ever in batting and bowling
The immediately pre isolation squad with Barry Richards, Pollocks, Procter and others was incredibly strong too.

subshakerz

International Coach
For some weird reason, would love to see Joel Garner vs Adam Gilchrist in an ODI. How would Gilchrist try and smash this awkward and super-tight bowler?

Shane Warne vs Viv is an obvious match-up and I think it could go either way.

Malcolm Marshall vs Hayden would be fun, just to see Hayden struggle to get to the front foot.

Imran vs. Sachin at his peak would have been a great sight!

Gavaskar vs. Murali would also be pretty interesting.

trundler

Garner is one bowler who'd still go at less than 4 rpo if he had played at a later time because he was almost impossible to smash with that awkward bounce and accuracy IMO. Gilchrist would
be frustrated.

Warne vs Viv would be great too. Both of them were the toughest of competitors besides being supremely skilled. Don't think Warne could put Viv under pressure mentally.
Fair to say the last 2 would be great also.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
For some weird reason, would love to see Joel Garner vs Adam Gilchrist in an ODI. How would Gilchrist try and smash this awkward and super-tight bowler?

Malcolm Marshall vs Hayden would be fun, just to see Hayden struggle to get to the front foot.

Imran vs. Sachin at his peak would have been a great sight!

Gavaskar vs. Murali would also be pretty interesting.
Dammit, you just beat me to Richards vs Warne.

And Hayden against any of the great 1980s quicks would be fun.

Bradman against the 2 W's reversing the ball all over the place would also be interesting.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

They did play in an exhibition in 2000.Obviously not representative of Viv in his prime etc., but still a good showing.

Malcolm Marshall vs every modern batsman would be a great match-up.

S.F Barnes vs Don Bradman would've been the dream match-up for pre-war WW2 cricket. It's a wonder how he never got to meet Bradman in any tour matches, considering how long Barnes was still playing cricket around the country.

trundler

I think I'll let Bradman have a net session practicing reverse swing, doosra and all the innovative since then pit him against their best exponents in a match played in conducive conditions.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year

They did play in an exhibition in 2000.Obviously not representative of Viv in his prime etc., but still a good showing.

Malcolm Marshall vs every modern batsman would be a great match-up.

S.F Barnes vs Don Bradman would've been the dream match-up for pre-war WW2 cricket. It's a wonder how he never got to meet Bradman in any tour matches, considering how long Barnes was still playing cricket around the country.
That was Ian Healy's testimonial match. Lots of old-school greats took the field for that one. If you can find a full video of that match I'd definitely recommend watching it. Lots of fun.

TheJediBrah

I think I'll let Bradman have a net session practicing reverse swing, doosra and all the innovative since then pit him against their best exponents in a match played in conducive conditions.
Nah that's giving him too much practice. Throw him in against them with no warning and he might only average 80

trundler

Nah that's giving him too much practice. Throw him in against them with no warning and he might only average 80
He said he judged the ball based on what it did off the pitch so he never premeditated a shot. Think he'll cope with it.