• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NatWest hero Mohammed Kaif retires from cricket on 16th anniversary of memorable

slippy888

International Captain
NatWest hero Mohammed Kaif retires from cricket on 16th anniversary of memorable final

Mohammad Kaif, 37, retired from all forms of cricket on Friday, 16 years after he steered India to one of their most memorable victories in ODI history - beating England by chasing down 325 at Lord's in the NatWest Series final.

Kaif ended a two-decade long first-class career that began in 1997-98. He played 13 Tests and 125 ODIs in an international career that spanned six years (2000-2006), his last game for India coming more than 12 years ago, during the tour of South Africa in 2006. He also captained India to their first Under-19 World Cup win, in 2000.

"I am retiring today as it's been 16 years since the historic Natwest Trophy win in which I was glad to play my part, and I'd like to remember that as I bow out," he wrote in a letter to the BCCI. "I am grateful for the opportunity to have worn the India cap, and to have gone on to play 125 ODIs and 13 Tests for India, and for several other moments."

Have a good retirement young man