• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Decent ends to a career

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
He retired in the middle of a tough series and went and watched Wimbledon which didn't exactly endear himself to a lot of his fans.
I'm amazed he didn't throw in the towel earlier, SLC treated him with such contempt at times (particularly in regards to his t20 retirement coinciding with MJs

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think my favourite Sangakkara factoid is that upon being his asked how he feels about an average of 57 and being one the best in the game, his Dad said he could’ve done so much better.

“For me, Don Bradman was the ultimate batsman. He scored a century once in every three innings. If you truly consider yourself to be a world-class batsman, you should be able to do that.

“Kumar did well, don’t get me wrong. But did he achieve his true potential? I don’t think so.”
“Did well, was decent, was no Bradman tho.” - Kshema Sangakkara

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Mike Hussey.

Went out strong and with the boat party scandal, great fella.
Huss's last year in ODI took him from over a 51 average to 48. He still played well enough - and clearly played well after this time. He could probably play well tomorrow at the time of writing if we're honest.

But did he detract from his legacy and career by playing in 2012?

OverratedSanity

Think my favourite Sangakkara factoid is that upon being his asked how he feels about an average of 57 and being one the best in the game, his Dad said he could’ve done so much better.

Typical Asian dad

Mr Miyagi

Banned

He should write a book on parenting, with the father of the Williams' sisters, Tiger Woods and himself.

Beyonce's father to do the foreword.

Spikey

the new real AB literally broke the minds of the Australian cricket team on the way out of test cricket

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It was very decent when Tendulkar's career (finally) ended, though I wouldn't call it a decent end. Very undignified.

Bijed

International Regular
Jason Gillespie - it may have been against Bangladesh, but not many bowlers score 201 in their final test innings