• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From Rabble to Glory - Players and Teams that started off crap but got much better

cnerd123

likes this
Lol!

He is still going with ad hominem!

This is funnier than Monty Python!

Tell me how you really feel Burgey? Tell me more about how you're the heart and soul of this website. Or a lawyer.

I love your jokes :)
I love how you act like you're being the bigger man to cover up what a little bitch you are

You clearly have no problems telling off the 16 year old do you

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I love how you act like you're being the bigger man to cover up what a little bitch you are

:laugh:

Oh hilarious - it is a tag team of ad hominem attackers now. Bring in Trundler already - I suspect he is more than keen.

Elegance is relative. Cheat, if you think you can get away with it. Call in your friends uninvolved users to keep the other party busy and distract from the original debate. Exploit the headstart you have over impudent newbies. Most of them walk into debates like knifers into a gunfight: Easy prey.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:The_Last_Word

I've read your playbook already *****. (Thanks Borges).

#8's who can bat is the original debate in case you want reminding ***** (not who left home first, ***** or Trundler).

But think of the forum atmosphere already.

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

Oh hilarious - it is a tag team of ad hominem attackers now. Bring in Trundler already - I suspect he is more than keen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:The_Last_Word

I've read your playbook already *****. (Thanks Borges).

#8's who can bat is the original debate in case you want reminding *****.

But think of the forum atmosphere already.
What's amazing is how you can constantly be condescending while playing the victim. You get under everyone's skin, cry wolf when you get called out and then act as if you have the moral high ground. Hypocritical.

TheJediBrah

He was the only player good enough to make the peak Australian team (besides Bond later), as embarrassingly true as that is. He could easily replace Lee on bowling alone before batting.

Cairns was consistently good, he consistently lacked any support.

Fantastic player who would have better stats in a stronger team.

The guy could play cricket at a very high level, his team mates, less so.
very, very debatable. I don't think Cairns would have featured much for a late 90s-00s Aus except as injury replacement. Not knocking his ability but the team was just that good. It's hard to know for sure though because they never had a genuine all-rounder (or needed one), but it's hard to imagine where Cairns would have strengthened the team.

Aus usually had 45+ average batsmen throughout the top 7. Leaving one out for an all-rounder of Cairns' level would have hurt batting strength significantly. Replacing a bowler with him would have left the bowling a bit short. Definitely not crazy though, I could see him fighting with Lee for the spot. Lee was never that great a Test bowler. Bichel, Kasprowicz, Fleming, MacGill etc. I'd take over Lee most of the time as well.

Bond at full fitness would definitely be good enough to replace Lee. He probably never would have got a game though because he wouldn't have been fit enough to push his case for selection.

cnerd123

likes this
Implying that I'm Burgey's friend is probably the most offensive snide remark you've made about me so far tbh

Mr Miyagi

Banned
What's amazing is how you can constantly be condescending while playing the victim. You get under everyone's skin, cry wolf when you get called out and then act as if you have the moral high ground. Hypocritical.
I'm not a victim, and I don't cry wolf. I cry ad hominem - there's a difference.

TheJediBrah

Maybe being too harsh on Cairns actually. The team certainly looks stronger on paper with Cairns at 8 replacing Lee. I'd be having Cairns in there most of the time, and swapping him out for MacGill when you want 2 spinners, or Bichel/Kasprowicz/Fleming depending on conditions.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
very, very debatable. I don't think Cairns would have featured much for a late 90s-00s Aus except as injury replacement. Not knocking his ability but the team was just that good. It's hard to know for sure though because they never had a genuine all-rounder (or needed one), but it's hard to imagine where Cairns would have strengthened the team.

Aus usually had 45+ average batsmen throughout the top 7. Leaving one out for an all-rounder of Cairns' level would have hurt batting strength significantly. Replacing a bowler with him would have left the bowling a bit short. Definitely not crazy though, I could see him fighting with Lee for the spot. Lee was never that great a Test bowler. Bichel, Kasprowicz, Fleming, MacGill etc. I'd take over Lee most of the time as well.

Bond at full fitness would definitely be good enough to replace Lee. He probably never would have got a game though because he wouldn't have been fit enough to push his case for selection.
Your content is on topic, but I'll deal with ad hominem remarks first and then reply later.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm not a victim, and I don't cry wolf. I cry ad hominem - there's a difference.
You're absolutely a hypocrite tho. And passive aggressive to the extreme. We're talking massive bitch levels. Keyboard warrior of the highest calibre. Verges to the point that it seems you're genuinely mentally not all there and you genuinely do not get what an annpying piece of **** you're being.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Maybe being too harsh on Cairns actually. The team certainly looks stronger on paper with Cairns at 8 replacing Lee. I'd be having Cairns in there most of the time, and swapping him out for MacGill when you want 2 spinners, or Bichel/Kasprowicz/Fleming depending on conditions.
Seems fair, I'll compare Gillespie to Cairns later, but this does at first blush seem reasonable.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
You're absolutely a hypocrite tho. And passive aggressive to the extreme. We're talking massive bitch levels. Keyboard warrior of the highest calibre. Verges to the point that it seems you're genuinely mentally not all there and you genuinely do not get what an annpying piece of **** you're being.
No *****, I'll wear bans, I'll take insults, but will you?

You know and admitted that you bullied me previously. I can quote if you like. Yet here we are. I'm still posting right in front of you. You called me a "little bitch" before I even addressed you. So we seem to have an issue. (even though it started after I preferred Buttler to Dhoni).

Which way will it fall *****?

Last edited:

Burgey

Miyagi, your posts are littered with personal jibes yet at the first whiff of grapeshot you run up the ad hom white flag. Cbf now, but will put a bit of a compendium together tomorrow by way of illustration. It won’t be too exhaustive, just a couple of hundred examples so you can get in the house of mirrors and have a good look at yourself.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Miyagi, your posts are littered with personal jibes yet at the first whiff of grapeshot you run up the ad hom white flag. Cbf now, but will put a bit of a compendium together tomorrow by way of illustration. It won’t be too exhaustive, just a couple of hundred examples so you can get in the house of mirrors and have a good look at yourself.
Lol!

Yeah cos the Australian side of the mid-late 90s lost so many matches.

Noted prolific test match run scoring number eights Jadeja and Woakes excelled against that side.

**** you’re stupid. You think you can shift a discussion with me about a combined Aus-NZ side of the late 90s by bringing examples of blokes from other countries who play in the 2010s and that I or anyone else will fall for it? Honestly, get in the bin you dribbler.

You're onto a loser Burgey - and you know it. You overrreacted and ***** charged in like the light brigade. Apologise - or don't waste my time.

cnerd123

likes this

You know and admitted that you bullied me previously. I can quote if you like. Yet here we are. I'm still posting right in front of you. You called me a "little bitch" before I even addressed you. So we seem to have an issue. (even though it started after I preferred Buttler to Dhoni).

Poor little Miyagi getting bullied and abused. He didn't do anything to deserve this, all he did was talk cricket, he's absolutely not a fault here. He would never take a dig at any other poster. Never ever ever. All these attacks on him are unjustified. Poor little Miyagi.

morgieb

yeah Binga got way too many tests. Never got why Fleming never got much of a look-in again after his insanely good 99-00 home season. Brett Lee the main reason?
Lee's great start, and injuries basically crucified him after a while.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Poor little Miyagi getting bullied and abused. He didn't do anything to deserve this, all he did was talk cricket, he's absolutely not a fault here. He would never take a dig at any other poster. Never ever ever. All these attacks on him are unjustified. Poor little Miyagi.
Nah - I know I stand tall and bring out and take the piss out of the bullies. It is my life story. And my academic and professional reputation is more than well documented.

So like this thread, try again *****.

Which way will it fall ***** - numbers 8's should bat, or I am open season for insults for thinking batting matters at #8?

Because when you reduce it down, that is the issue. No matter how Burgey sells it now on intelligence or psychology.

And even if you think #8 shouldn't bat, the question is am I deserving to be insulted for thinking that they should bat????????

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

I think one of issues here is you take this forum a bit too seriously. Like it's some kind of game or competition, it's probably not healthy. Complete lack of self-awareness doesn't help either. So often you accuse people of certain acts or habits that your posting itself actually embodies to a far greater degree than the person you are accusing.

Also your job here isn't to proof-read and correct everyone's posts. You'd be well served IMO taking a step back and a more light-hearted view of the time you spend here, and not be so competitive.

cnerd123

likes this
> make snide dig
> be condescending and passive aggressive
> get called a ****
> "As hominem attack! Bullying! Oh what's it going to be? Are we going to talk cricket or is it open season on Mr Miyagi?"

And incase you do engage in debate with Mr Miyagi then bless you, it's going to be pages of you doing all the work while he keeps asking you to "try harder", before he ultimately says "it's my post and I can post what I like" or asks you to open a new thread to discuss a relevant point (which he may comment in only if he feels inclined to do so)

Or he'll laugh it all off and say he didn't really know what he was talking about anyways. All jokes fellas. Get on my level here.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I think one of issues here is you take this forum a bit too seriously. Like it's some kind of game or competition, it's probably not healthy. Complete lack of self-awareness doesn't help either. So often you accuse people of certain acts or habits that your posting itself actually embodies to a far greater degree than the person you are accusing.

Also your job here isn't to proof-read and correct everyone's posts. You'd be well served IMO taking a step back and a more light-hearted view of the time you spend here, and not be so competitive.
Personally, I think it would be sage to deal with ***** and Burgey when they're in the wrong. They may be right in the future and abuse it, but this time, I know they've overstepped, and I want to put this to bed now.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
> make snide dig
> be condescending and passive aggressive
> get called a ****
> "As hominem attack! Bullying! Oh what's it going to be? Are we going to talk cricket or is it open season on Mr Miyagi?"

And incase you do engage in debate with Mr Miyagi then bless you, it's going to be pages of you doing all the work while he keeps asking you to "try harder", before he ultimately says "it's my post and I can post what I like" or asks you to open a new thread to discuss a relevant point (which he may comment in only if he feels inclined to do so)

Or he'll laugh it all off and say he didn't really know what he was talking about anyways. All jokes fellas. Get on my level here.
Quotes or it didn't happen.

Lets see if your creative skills of quoting are better than your other skills,

Last edited: