• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From Rabble to Glory - Players and Teams that started off crap but got much better

Mr Miyagi

Banned
i've made many hollow defenses in my life but this is basically a very thin warehouse brand easter egg
Huh? I only speak English. Where exactly are you going with this? You're very cryptic all of a sudden.

Are you suggesting I don't like most of the forum users? You'd be mistaken then.

Are you suggesting to me that you want to be part of Burgey and *****'s clique? - Go for it. I really don't care who your friends are :)

Flem - like I said, you're not really on my radar. Insult me directly a few more times if you want to be. :)

Or talk about cricket. This thread is about players and teams whom got much better than they started :)

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this is dripping of 'why don't girls talk to me?'

and thanks, i always endeavor to take good care of myself. been eating a lot more fruit every day since i'm reaching an age where the youth diet will start to catch up with me.
lol modern day fruit is basically candy

fructose makes u fat

TheJediBrah

If you want to lose weight just be in a caloric deficit

can't argue with the first law of thermodynamics

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i put on heaps of weight last year and am trying a combination of diets to lose it. this '16-8' diet seems to be somewhat successful. limit all your eating to 8 hours a day so your body starts to enter starvation mode by the end of the 16 hour fasting period and starts burning fat.

combining that with limiting my kilojoule intake to 6000 a day(though on weekends i usually **** up and drink too much) hope to lose 10 kg over 2-3 months.

Have been like, always hungry the past month though. but managed to lose 3kg so far

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
i'm at a healthy weight so couldn't give a **** if fruit will make me fat. i'd like to see it try, because bigger foods have failed to do so.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
i put on heaps of weight last year and am trying a combination of diets to lose it. this '16-8' diet seems to be somewhat successful. limit all your eating to 8 hours a day so your body starts to enter starvation mode by the end of the 16 hour fasting period and starts burning fat.

combining that with limiting my kilojoule intake to 6000 a day(though on weekends i usually **** up and drink too much) hope to lose 10 kg over 2-3 months.

Have been like, always hungry the past month though. but managed to lose 3kg so far
I think the best option would be is to completely cut out any sugar of your diet and load up on the fats.

When your body burns up energy it does so from either fat or glucose. Load up on the butter then!

TheJediBrah

Intermittent fasting. It's the latest craze. The whole "starvation mode, burning fat" is utter BS, it doesn't have any special benefits over eating the same amount over a more balanced time frame, but a lot of people find it helps with compliance to a lower calorie diet (helps with satiety) hence helping them lose weight. Also can lead to people eating less in total without realising

definitely worth giving a go.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
David Boon, Mathew Hayden, Langer
Ian Redpath - Started as an agressive batsman aeraging < 40, became a slow scrorer averaging > 50 in
Alan Davidson -picked to soon but averaged 27 with bat and 5+ wickets a test @ 19 in his last 6 years
Richie Benaud - picked to soon excellent 55 -> 61
In Hayden's case it was just a matter of him waiting until their was a dearth of high quality pace bowlers worldwide so he could commence his bullying on flat tracks of medium pacers, and of spinners in India.

Bolo

State Captain
In Hayden's case it was just a matter of him waiting until their was a dearth of high quality pace bowlers worldwide so he could commence his bullying on flat tracks of medium pacers, and of spinners in India.
Sounds like Kallis and Dravid, and Sanga and Ponting if you overlook the bullying in India bit.

I don't really have a point to make though, because I agree with you. Hayden was way more of a fair weather bully while the others just did some bullying when the weather was fair.

TheJediBrah

Yeah because spinners in India are real easy to bully