• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TPC likely to retire in November

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rangana Herath may retire from international cricket in November, following the three-match Test series against England. Provided he plays every Sri Lanka Test until then, he will finish five Tests short of 100.

Herath had earlier retired from the shorter formats in order to lengthen his Test career, but now, aged 40, he believed it was time to consider stepping away from all formats.

"Maybe my final series will be the England series later in the year," he told BBC Sinhala. "Following this South Africa series, there is another three months until the England series. For now, this is what I've planned for. There comes a time for every cricketer, when they have to stop playing. I think that time has come for me."
Herath may retire from international cricket in November - ESPNcricinfo

I'm going to miss this glorious man so much.

Burgey

Mods, please change "TPC" in the thread title to "His Roundness", in keeping with established rules of nicknaming.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Test debut 1999 - is there anyone else still playing tests from the 1990's?

I know Gayle and Malik have pyjama links to the 1990's.

Any chance of a Bhaji recall?

Borges

International Regular
It is something that the first name that comes to mind when considering a Sri Lankan XI is that of an old man who is on the verge of retirement.
I hope he goes out in a blaze of glory, like Gavaskar.

Burgey

It's basically to try to get under my skin, because pretty much everything around here revolves around me (largely because I'm rotund, but also because without me the forum would die).

TPC - The People's Champion, is the nickname bestowed upon Steve Smith by me, many years ago. As you probably know from following the game, most SC supporters don't have an original thought in their heads, so they decided to call Herath by the same nickname, in flagrant breach of the established rules of nicknaming, as set out in the definitive thread on the topic.