• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TPC likely to retire in November

Mr Miyagi

Banned
If Miyagi and John were active at that point in time, they would have spearheaded the Herath>Ajmal campaign in the most vociferous manner.
Maybe, but to be fair, I would have been over Ashwin in 2013 with his batting and bowling so as to not really engage in the debate. #BatDeep and all that.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
You missed Waugh...the biggest cheat of them all who has somehow maintained the image of being an honest and honourable man.
"Mental disintegration" sounds so scientific and therefore acceptable.

But Australia were given a hard time in South Africa in 1993/94.

A large South African player allegedly told Warne he would use him for bait to catch sharks, and a security guard's pistol was waved around by someone.

Sledging doesn't go seem to go well in SA, they like to escalate it in response.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aah yes. Straight up claimed dropped catches. The most shameless of the lot.
Not as bad as ganggoolies

Claimed catches that bounced a foot in front of him. Even tried to cheat at a coin toss lol. That's just scratching the tip of the iceberg

cnerd123

likes this

Claimed catches that bounced a foot in front of him. Even tried to cheat at a coin toss lol. That's just scratching the tip of the iceberg
Yea Ganguly was a bit of a ****, but that's because he wanted to emulate the Aussies

Just goes to show your lot loves to dish it out but can't cop it in return tbh

OverratedSanity

Waugh went further than merely claiming catches that bounced before he could get his hands underneath the ball. The **** literally dropped it, picked the ball up off the ground and claimed it. And he did it on two separate occasions. It's a whole different level of ****tiness.

cnerd123

likes this
Can we bump up the thread that had all those videos of Aussies cheating in it?

Or maybe start a new one?

trundler

I'd say he's better than both Bedi and Underwood. Can't say about Verity. Could pick any of those but Herath for me.

cnerd123

likes this
Verity was highly rated by Bradman

Bradman was reported as saying: "I think I know all about Clarrie (Grimmett), but with Hedley I am never sure. You see, there's no breaking point with him."

Bobby Peel, Tony Lock, Wilfred Rhodes, Vinoo Mankad are in the discussion too. Although yea I think Herath probably the most accomplished + we have lots of footage of him, we know how good he is. I rate Bedi very highly tho in terms of raw skills.

Iqbal Qasim is a name that doesn't get mentioned a lot, but 171 wickets @ 28 in 50 Tests for Pakistan from the late 70s to late 80s is pretty good.

trundler

Verity was highly rated by Bradman

Bobby Peel, Tony Lock, Wilfred Rhodes, Vinoo Mankad are in the discussion too. Although yea I think Herath probably the most accomplished + we have lots of footage of him, we know how good he is. I rate Bedi very highly tho in terms of raw skills.

Iqbal Qasim is a name that doesn't get mentioned a lot, but 171 wickets @ 28 in 50 Tests for Pakistan from the late 70s to late 80s is pretty good.
Verity got him 10 times, which is the most equaled by Grimmett. That's all I know about him though so I can't help but notice he has a pretty low WPM compared to O'Reilly and Grimmett.

flibbertyjibber

He will be a huge loss and that is no comment on his roundness either. been a brilliant player for them and carried the attack for years. They will struggle even more when he has gone.