• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best/your favourite nightwatchman innings

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've never posted 'enjoyed x for breakfast' in one of slippy's threads, I defended his thread-starting volume a while back when everyone was sick to death of them and I've even responded in a serious manner to a few of his 'will this player get a test call-up' threads, and yet he does this to me? I don't think my faith in humanity can survive this :(
***** broke slippy. This sucks tbh.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I can tell you one of the worst. Luke Fletcher scored 90 odd against Durham as a nightwatchman last season. I think he was run out as I recall.

TheJediBrah

You're the ****ing spammer. Already been banned for it once yet you continue to do it, prick.
That's Agarkar in your profile pic right? I tried to search it but google images kept telling me it was a picture of a dog catching a ball

Burgey

We could still have won if day 5 hadn't been rained out. :(

EDIT : Just saw TJB's post lol
Lol at Indian supporters thinking that would happen, based on Sehwag hitting the last ball of the previous day for four. They were gone. Would never have won it.

TheJediBrah

Lol at Indian supporters thinking that would happen, based on Sehwag hitting the last ball of the previous day for four. They were gone. Would never have won it.
The biggest contest that final day would have been between Pidge and Dizzy fighting for the wickets. I'm guessing 4 for pidge and 6 for Dizzy, over before lunch.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
What's better - a nightwatchman ton or an #engineroom ton off 60 balls?

I for one vote for Nick Beard.

a massive zebra

International Captain
You're the ****ing spammer. Already been banned for it once yet you continue to do it, prick.
Says the guy with more posts than almost anyone in the history of the forum; many of which include nothing but rude insults, most of which consist of no more than a couple of sentences, and very few of which add anything constructive to the forum.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Australia lost this test, but Peter Taylor played one of the finest night watchman efforts:

Only Test, Australia tour of New Zealand at Wellington, Mar 15-19 1990 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

I see NZ used Snedden there, I don't think NZ often uses night watchmen anymore under Hesson. Probably in part 'cos Southee is unreliable, though I think Sodhi or Wagner would be upto it if asked.

[edit] Wags last did it in 2012. Sodhi in 2014. It definitely seems to be something NZ went away from in the Hesson era.

Last edited: