• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20I Tri Series in Zimbabwe 2018

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No thread for the tri-series? Anyway I'm really excited to see Muzurabani. Was great in WCQ. Really exciting and promising player.

vcs

Pakistan have been in good T20 form lately, so they should be comfortable favourites for this series. What sort of squad have Australia sent over?

trundler

Pakistan should make to look a Sehwag/Warner type opener out of Fakhar in tests too.

vcs

Quite a few new faces in the Pakistan team also. I don't see Babar Azam, Mohammad Amir, Junaid Khan (does he get picked in T20s?) etc.

trundler

I haven't seen him in any format recently. Amir is being rested. Azam got himself injured in that England test.

vcs

Zimbabwe have bowled a lot of dross but have still somehow taken 4 wickets and are in a decent-ish position here.

trundler

Wait, what is this sorcery?! (@ the thread being made with my post) :O

Last edited:

trundler

This was to be expected. Last 5 or so wickets fell in quick succession. Half-strength Zimbabwe against the #1 T20I side is a huge mismatch, needless to say.

_Ed_

A bit of an anticlimax, after being interestingly poised for a big chunk of the game.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pakistan have been in good T20 form lately, so they should be comfortable favourites for this series. What sort of squad have Australia sent over?
A decent squad IMO.

You go through the squad of 14 and you'd probably have to say that apart from Jake Wildermuth, everyone is playing in the format that their skills are best suited to/they've performed the best in.

My guess at the XI will be:

Finch - Short - Head - Maxwell - Maddinson/Agar(at 7) - Stoinis - Carey - JRichardson - Swepson - Tye - Stanlake

Bench: Agar/Maddinson Wildermuth KRichardson

BTW, I like Wildermuth and want him to get a couple games on this tour. I think in theory he should do well in this format as he is a big hitter and can bowl a licorice all sorts, just his stronger performances have been in the other formats IMO.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hafeez powerful media lobby has ensured we have to put up with him till the World Cup now that he can bowl again.
No idea why we are slogging Hassan Ali game after game could have easily rested him for this series

Daemon

Malik's flown under the radar a bit for a while but he's more or less become their best batsman after Azam (and Zaman maybe)

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Aus v Pak - huge dayyyyyy for Australian sport.

Justin Langer could win his first game as CA coach.

T20 game v Pak in Zimbabwe.

Ohhhh, this is like Foreman v Ali, a rumble in the jungle.

If not today, tomorrow Australia will take on the might on the might of Zimbabwe.

4 games in ZImbabwe - I like their odds.

A David v Goliaths struggle may ensue, but at some point - Langer is chalking up a win.

Cricket Australia may get knocked down, but they'll get up again, you're never going to keep them down like a Trevor Chappell delivery.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Classy Stanlake wickets. Very ***y.

I literally have no idea what Maddinson has done to make this side.

trundler

Pakistan doing their best to rebuild the Australian side's morale. How selfless.