• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20I Tri Series in Zimbabwe 2018

Jack1

International Debutant
Gotta say, this only highlights further how good England are. That spell from Stanlake is bewildering to me when England made him look a very average bowler. I think he's the perfect bowler against a frail and fragile team, but against a gun team like England and India he will get taken for a few. Regardless, being a dominator of the weaker sides is still great for the team and he may improve with experience against the better ones. Can't knock 4-8 off 4 overs though, that's one of the best spells of all time in t20.

Ruthless reply from Aus lol, that must hurt for Pakistan. Finch 68 off 33 chasing 117 to win is a great captain's knock in overall context. It sends the team a good message.

This win is even more interesting when Pakistan were in form against Zimbabwe. This is Pakistan we are talking about though, the king's of inconsistency :laugh:

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stanlake is young and raw. He's going to be hot and cold for a bit but if Australia don't **** up, they've got a potential top tier pacer.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stanlake's only played 6 ODIs and 4 of them were against England in England.

2/44 (10) and 3/35 (10) you'd take any day of the week. Especially against the world number 1s on their home roads. It was just the 0/74 (8) and 1/54 (8) which weren't very impressive. Still, I'd take two very good games and two ordinary ones over the output of most bowlers.

This performance though is what we'll hopefully see more of, particularly if there's a bit in the wicket.

Jack1

International Debutant
Stanlake's only played 6 ODIs and 4 of them were against England in England.

2/44 (10) and 3/35 (10) you'd take any day of the week. Especially against the world number 1s on their home roads. It was just the 0/74 (8) and 1/54 (8) which weren't very impressive. Still, I'd take two very good games and two ordinary ones over the output of most bowlers.

This performance though is what we'll hopefully see more of, particularly if there's a bit in the wicket.
1/44 off 3 too in the t20. I just felt like he was just a straight up and down bowler that relies on bounce and a bit of pace. Needs to improve a lot to be effective against a strong line up in terms of accuracy, variations and movement in the air and off the pitch potentially.. but it will be enough already against brittle and weaker ones due to the bounce and high delivery point with decent pace I suppose. Still, I can't see him troubling teams like England anytime soon on a regular basis and maybe not ever. Time will tell.

TheJediBrah

That's T20 cricket for you. Media trying to hype up "unbeaten no. 1 Pakistan side" . . . rankings for T20 are next to useless.

Weird scheduling, Pakistan playing on consecutive days.
Should be more of this. Other tournaments and series have 3-4 days sometimes between games. It's excessive af. T20s on consecutive days are fine. Some T20 tournaments (usually lower standard of course) have multiple games a day and no one has any trouble.

Starfighter

Still, I can't see him troubling teams like England anytime soon on a regular basis and maybe not ever. Time will tell.
He troubled England in the last ODI while the ****aburra was hardish on the one pitch that had a slight bit in it for the bowlers. Any bowler is on a hiding to nothing on billiard table pitches against the near-ultimate flat-track batting team.

Starfighter

Should be more of this. Other tournaments and series have 3-4 days sometimes between games. It's excessive af. T20s on consecutive days are fine. Some T20 tournaments (usually lower standard of course) have multiple games a day and no one has any trouble.
The scheduling for the Aus-NZ-Eng tri series was absolutely moronic, it killed any momentum in the series stone dead. I'm not a fan of the double headers as used in Women's cricket as I think they disadvantage the team with two matches in a day, but matches on consecutive days are a must. If these tri-series took like a week they'd be great, short sharp and much better than bilaterals.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Count me in as also liking the schedule of matches on a daily basis for a tournament like this.

Reminds me of the old WSC tri-series where you would get double headers in Brisbane and triple headers in Adelaide. Actually think the comp lost something when matches weren’t on consecutive days anymore.

Top_Cat

1/44 off 3 too in the t20. I just felt like he was just a straight up and down bowler that relies on bounce and a bit of pace. Needs to improve a lot to be effective against a strong line up in terms of accuracy, variations and movement in the air and off the pitch potentially.. but it will be enough already against brittle and weaker ones due to the bounce and high delivery point with decent pace I suppose. Still, I can't see him troubling teams like England anytime soon on a regular basis and maybe not ever. Time will tell.
Literally the same was said of Mitchell Johnson before he mashed England in the Ashes. The lifter that Talat had to cope with, by itself, was nasty. That he managed several today and something similar against Morgan the other day on a much flatter deck will have been noticed by bats in every team.

Proper pace and bounce is useful in any bowler but allied with some consistency and you've got a weapon.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Finch is a gun catcher too. More every game I'm coming around to the opinion that this **** has to be given a crack in the Test side this summer. Guys like Maxwell and Handscomb may have superior first-class stats but Finch has shown time and again that he's international class. Just give him a go pls.

He troubled England in the last ODI while the ****aburra was hardish on the one pitch that had a slight bit in it for the bowlers. Any bowler is on a hiding to nothing on billiard table pitches against the near-ultimate flat-track batting team.
Responding seriously to a guy who's decided that a bloke who's played less than a dozen First-class/List A matches has no future because of those few times he saw him bowl on tv. You're a saint.

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
That spell from Stanlake is bewildering to me when England made him look a very average bowler.
His opening spell in the first ODI, where the wicket had nothing in it for the bowlers was impressive. Also bowled well in the last ODI, where there was a wee bit of life in the wicket. I think he will do quite well, once he realises that pitching it short should not be his only response if the batsmen are scoring freely.

Daemon

His opening spell in the first ODI, where the wicket had nothing in it for the bowlers was impressive. Also bowled well in the last ODI, where there was a wee bit of life in the wicket. I think he will do quite well, once he realises that pitching it short should not be his only response if the batsmen are scoring freely.
Yeah his opening spells have been good on a few occassions but he needs to get fitter if he's to play ODIs. His middle-late over spells atm are really awful.

Jack1

International Debutant
Responding seriously to a guy who's decided that a bloke who's played less than a dozen First-class/List A matches has no future because of those few times he saw him bowl on tv. You're a saint.
Huge lie and exaggeration.... No one here says he has no future and not even close to that line of thought. Learn to actually read posts and then comment....

Jack1

International Debutant
Literally the same was said of Mitchell Johnson before he mashed England in the Ashes. The lifter that Talat had to cope with, by itself, was nasty. That he managed several today and something similar against Morgan the other day on a much flatter deck will have been noticed by bats in every team.

Proper pace and bounce is useful in any bowler but allied with some consistency and you've got a weapon.
Johnson was a left armer with a slingy action. Not really worth the comparison.