• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most exciting cricketers you've seen live XI

JBMAC

State Captain
In Batting Order:-

Barnes
Morris
Bradman (c)
Harvey
Sobers
Border
Miller
Warne
Tyson
Marshall
Tallon (wk)

Seen them all..Would back them for any money against any team previously mentioned.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Barnes
Morris
Bradman (c)
Harvey
Sobers
Border
Miller
Warne
Tyson
Marshall
Tallon (wk)

Seen them all..Would back them for any money against any team previously mentioned.
Well that's hardly fair to the rest of us

trundler

Barnes
Morris
Bradman (c)
Harvey
Sobers
Border
Miller
Warne
Tyson
Marshall
Tallon (wk)

Wow there's a player from every player since the 30s there. /thread

Burgey

Barnes
Morris
Bradman (c)
Harvey
Sobers
Border
Miller
Warne
Tyson
Marshall
Tallon (wk)

TOTAB very unlucky to miss out on the captaincy there. Has to be said it’s a fair side though!

Loving three lefties in the middle order.

Victor Ian

International Coach

Barnes
Morris
Bradman (c)
Harvey
Sobers
Border
Miller
Warne
Tyson
Marshall
Tallon (wk)

So much better than any of ours it deserved the double post.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Barnes
Morris
Bradman (c)
Harvey
Sobers
Border
Miller
Warne
Tyson
Marshall
Tallon (wk)

What were your impressions of Tyson's pace compared to say, Thomson?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

Barnes
Morris
Bradman (c)
Harvey
Sobers
Border
Miller
Warne
Tyson
Marshall
Tallon (wk)

So good.

JBMAC

State Captain
What were your impressions of Tyson's pace compared to say, Thomson?
Thommo was without a doubt one of the fastest of all time. I played with and against him and he was mighty quick..Ritchie Benaud claimed Tyson was the better bowler because he was as fast as Thommo BUT more accurate which I would have to attest to. Thommo always said he was never quite sure just where the ball would end up after it left his hand. So, in answer to your question I believe there is no definitive answer. (Personally Thomson- because I am biased 8-)

trundler

Thommo was without a doubt one of the fastest of all time. I played with and against him and he was mighty quick..Ritchie Benaud claimed Tyson was the better bowler because he was as fast as Thommo BUT more accurate which I would have to attest to. Thommo always said he was never quite sure just where the ball would end up after it left his hand. So, in answer to your question I believe there is no definitive answer. (Personally Thomson- because I am biased 8-)
I noticed you omitted Viv from your lineup. I'd like to know what you think of him. Can't fault your XI, just curious. :notworthy:

Heboric

International Debutant
To difficult, I have seen a lot of players live that were playing post isolation of the South African team, barring these:

Ian Botham
Courtney Walsh
Shaun Tait
Stuart McGill
Shaob Akthar
Any of the New Dawn[SUP]tm[/SUP] Version 15 England Players - Root, Stokes, Bairstow, Roy etc

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

I'd almost rather face the more accurate guy. Something really unnerving about having no idea where the thunderbolt could be going.

trundler

I'd almost rather face the more accurate guy. Something really unnerving about having no idea where the thunderbolt could be going.
Don't worry, with either at their fastest you simply wouldn't have the time to react in time so you're ****ed either way. With. Thommo at least you were more likely to get 4 byes.

Stapel

International Regular
Chris Gayle
Alastair Cook (I know he's not 'exciting')
Ricky Ponting
Kevin Pietersen
Chivnarine Chanderpaul (I know he's not 'exciting')
Ben Stokes
Jos Butler
Mitchell Johnson
James Anderson
Edgar Schiferli
André van Troost

Burgey

JB, when you played with and against Thommo, did you find he usually operating at top speed or did he sort of mail it in at times? I’m always interested in knowing how bowlers in particular managed that sort of thing in the days before sports science.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Don't worry, with either at their fastest you simply wouldn't have the time to react in time so you're ****ed either way. With. Thommo at least you were more likely to get 4 byes.
You're best bet is to score a single and get to the other side. Just make sure you don't tonk them for 4 or heaven forbid, a 6. Cause then you'd really rile them up.