• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in the West Indies 2018

Slifer

International Captain
Anything other than a series win is a big failure here. I believe we're a much better test side than Bangladesh and we need to prove it.

I also expect to see much more discipline from the bowlers to compliment their undoubted ability to take wickets.
And our fielders need to take their chances. Hope this is the last we see of Devon smith smh

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The first test starts on Wednesday and Cricket Windies haven't even announced the squad even though they've already started training in Antigua.

As usual they treat cricket fans with utter contempt

Beamer

And our fielders need to take their chances. Hope this is the last we see of Devon smith smh
Agreed. My team (without knowing the squad!!!)

Kraigg
Powell
Hetmeyer
Hope
Chase
Dowrich
Holder
Paul
Bishoo
Roach
Gabriel

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The first test starts on Wednesday and Cricket Windies haven't even announced the squad even though they've already started training in Antigua.

As usual they treat cricket fans with utter contempt
We might see it today. The day is still young

cnerd123

likes this
1 Tamim
2 Namul
3 mominul
4 Mushfiq
5 Shakib
6 Mahmudullah
7 Liton +
8 Miraz
9 Taijul
10 Kamrul
11 Abu Jayed
Opening with Nazmul?

I'd go

Tamim
Kayes
Mominul
Nazmul
Mahmadullah
Shakib
Mushy
Liton (+)
Miraz
Taijul
Any Fast Bowler

Bat Deep with 3 spinners. Don't think any of the quicks will really pose a significant enough challenge to the WI batting lineup to the point where they'd be a more useful addition than an extra batsman. And we'd probably need the extra batting after seeing how the SL series went.

vandem

International 12th Man
What happened to Subashis Roy and Taskin Ahmed? They looked tidy when they toured NZ in 2016-17, and their line + length bowling with a Duke ball would be probably be more effective than Rubel and Kamrul Islam who from memory are whack-it-in-short bowlers.

Beamer

They finally announced the Windies squad, which is the same as the last test minus Jahmar Hamilton. Therefore surely Keemo Paul comes in and Cummins drops out? As they have selected Devon Smith again I guess he will play but surely we can't hold Hetmeyer back any more?

Borges

International Regular
If the West Indies win this series, they will no longer have to suffer the ignominy of being ranked below Bangladesh.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What happened to Subashis Roy and Taskin Ahmed? They looked tidy when they toured NZ in 2016-17, and their line + length bowling with a Duke ball would be probably be more effective than Rubel and Kamrul Islam who from memory are whack-it-in-short bowlers.
Was it Taskin who looked good? Thought it was Kamrul for some reason.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Opening with Nazmul?

I'd go

Tamim
Kayes
Mominul
Nazmul
Mahmadullah
Shakib
Mushy
Liton (+)
Miraz
Taijul
Any Fast Bowler

Bat Deep with 3 spinners. Don't think any of the quicks will really pose a significant enough challenge to the WI batting lineup to the point where they'd be a more useful addition than an extra batsman. And we'd probably need the extra batting after seeing how the SL series went.
Could not slot Nazmul in there anywhere else. I know you rate Imrul but no thanks. Mosaddek would have been so useful because of his bowling in this line up.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure why Liton was left out. That too in expense of Nurul. Liton was the best batsman in SA. It does not make any sense. Also three pacers ffs

Borges

International Regular
Not sure why the West Indians are so enamoured with this Miguel Cummins; surely they must have better quick bowlers than that.

Now that I have said it, the Bangla batsmen, in their current reptilian incarnation, would let him gloat with match figures of 17/53

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure why the West Indians are so enamoured with this Miguel Cummins; surely they must have better quick bowlers than that.

Now that I have said it, the Bangla batsmen, in their current reptilian incarnation, would let him gloat with match figures of 17/53
We will give wickets to Bishoo actually

Borges

International Regular
From what we have seen of the pitch so far, winning the toss and putting the opposition in is probably a bad mistake.