• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Inaugural World Test Championship

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
England as a neutral venue heavily favours NZ, but the extra bounce and turn you get in English pitches would mitigate that to an extent. NZ would also have an advantage if the mooted NZ v England June series goes ahead. Would be a great game, but I still think it's probably going to be Aus v India. SA still looked a touch fragile against SL this summer, I reckon Aus - with some intelligent changes - are odds on to blank them in the upcoming series.
If India makes the final i think they'll play a short series in England in preparation haha... I think nz messed up icc plans. The best outcome for icc would likely be ind v eng or ind v aus after the recent series.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
As much as I would love to see NZ play India or Australia at Lords' (or wherever the game ends up being played) I think Ind v Aus would be the best outcome for world cricket after the series that's just happened (that is assuming India don't **** the bed against England). I'd feel a bit cheap about NZ advancing ahead of Australia in particular after last year's drubbing.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yeah, the sheepishness would evaporate pretty quickly come the start of the match.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like the knockout idea as well. If it's a draw, play an ODI as a tie-breaker IMO.

Flem274*

123/5
As much as I would love to see NZ play India or Australia at Lords' (or wherever the game ends up being played) I think Ind v Aus would be the best outcome for world cricket after the series that's just happened (that is assuming India don't **** the bed against England). I'd feel a bit cheap about NZ advancing ahead of Australia in particular after last year's drubbing.
no. why should india who we smoked here or australia with their hilariously bad away form since touring here assume automatic rights over us?

dont buy into the big 3 tears over nz home wins. theyre all just as jammy.

vcs

I don't like the Big 3 cartel either but it's hard for any objective viewer to deny that NZ's schedule has been significantly easier than India/Australia/England's.

They deserve their ranking, but no harm in admitting the obvious. Assuming NZ do make it to the final. Will they play their away series against Bangladesh or do they just have to wait for the rest of the results to pan out? Covid has really messed up the WTC this time but I expect things to smooth out in future iterations.

Flem274*

123/5
yea imagine the challenge of hosting **** teams like the west indies or india C for 4 tests. easy points right?

speaking of the bangers, imagine actually dropping a test there lmao have the big 3 ever done that?

the only big 3 side who can look us in the eye at home is aus, and we tour just as well as india do i.e. ups and downs

vcs

In general yeah, NZ are as good a touring side as Eng/Aus/Ind and perhaps better in turning conditions as their win in UAE proves. I'm speaking specifically of the WTC schedule though.

Australia : England away, NZ home, Pakistan home, India home, SA away
England : Australia home, SA away, WI home, Pakistan home, SL away, India away
India : WI away, SA home, Bangladesh home, NZ away, Australia away, England home
NZ : SL away, Australia away, India home, WI home, Pakistan home

In terms of difficulty I would say Australia > India > England > NZ if I had to rate those fixtures.

Flem274*

123/5
come off it. i see a team who hosted bangers, england and sa in india lmao

if australia put away india c in their own conditions theyd be in.

england had a tricky schedule but still dropped games to sides they should smoke if theyre finals material.

india as mentioned had some gimme series

nz had their krypotonite included, none of their towellings of england, a tricky tour to sl for a sena side and of course hosted the full strength mighty all conquering india

the big 3 have no one to blame but themselves. regardless of result nz deserve to be there and the big 3 can taste it.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't like the Big 3 cartel either but it's hard for any objective viewer to deny that NZ's schedule has been significantly easier than India/Australia/England's.

They deserve their ranking, but no harm in admitting the obvious. Assuming NZ do make it to the final. Will they play their away series against Bangladesh or do they just have to wait for the rest of the results to pan out? Covid has really messed up the WTC this time but I expect things to smooth out in future iterations.
The NZ v Bangladesh series won't be played, so NZ have finished up their programme for the current WTC.

Reactions: vcs

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
come off it. i see a team who hosted bangers, england and sa in india lmao

if australia put away india c in their own conditions theyd be in.

england had a tricky schedule but still dropped games to sides they should smoke if theyre finals material.

india as mentioned had some gimme series

nz had their krypotonite included, none of their towellings of england, a tricky tour to sl for a sena side and of course hosted the full strength mighty all conquering india

the big 3 have no one to blame but themselves. regardless of result nz deserve to be there and the big 3 can taste it.
Don't get that at all. Which team should India have hosted that'd count in your view? Perhaps NZ touring would have you hold back on that lmao?

I mean, I see you are quite puffy chested about teams not being able to ''look NZ in the eye'' (lmao) in hometown conditions so how about being consistent and admit the same for India - who are only 10 times better at home and make opposition irrelevant.

For the time being we shan't go into the NZ ambush tactics of 2 test series.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Don't get that at all. Which team should India have hosted that'd count in your view? Perhaps NZ touring would have you hold back on that lmao?

I mean, I see you are quite puffy chested about teams not being able to ''look NZ in the eye'' (lmao) in hometown conditions so how about being consistent and admit the same for India - who are only 10 times better at home and make opposition irrelevant.

For the time being we shan't go into the NZ ambush tactics of 2 test series.
Lol classic big 3 comment.

2 test series in which opposition pretty regularly get the best of the bowling and batting conditions and still lose.

This has been the case with most of the recent touring sides iirc including india, pakistan and windies.

vcs

We lost the toss and were put in to bat on pretty green tracks in both Tests in our last tour of NZ. In general yeah, NZ are strong enough at home that toss doesn't seem to make much of a difference.