Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: The Inaugural World Test Championship

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    cricket is an elitist sport in your countries because you all don't know what tapeball cricket is

every poor kid on the streets of subcontinental asia plays cricket growing up. Get rid of the need for leather balls, pads, helmets, and 13,000 square metres of clean cut grass, and you now have a sport that's accessible to everyone.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Yeah the team i played for in junior cricket had a club kit bag. (I remember falling in love with Fisher bats thanks to that kit bag).

But i found once i started playing in Melbourne in a higher standard comp the costs started to skyrocket. Didnt help that the club would change sponsors each year, forcing you to buy new clothes every season.

International Regular aussie tragic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    cricket is an elitist sport in your countries because you all don't know what tapeball cricket is

every poor kid on the streets of subcontinental asia plays cricket growing up. Get rid of the need for leather balls, pads, helmets, and 13,000 square metres of clean cut grass, and you now have a sport that's accessible to everyone.
    I grew up playing cricket at school with just 1 leg pad, no gloves or box. Facing our fastest bowlers was stupid in hindsight but fun at the time. I only played with a box, gloves and 2 pads when I was 13
    zorax and vcs like this.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    cricket is an elitist sport in your countries because you all don't know what tapeball cricket is.
    we know what tapeball is. we just don't play it.

variations here include jandal cricket and various suicidal forms of backyard or indoor cricket. your offies are welcome on the inconsistent bounce of our death chute here. much better than wides that rebound off the fence or garage towards your head.
    zorax and vcs like this.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Once you get past junior cricket, you really do need to invest quite a bit just to beable to step on to the field.

Not sure what div cricket is like in the SC, but the captain of the team i play for would crucify you if you showed up to a match not wearing a proper team shirt.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    In the Subcontinent people will go their whole lives never playing hardball cricket.

Die hard cricket fans that play it regularly in all weather with a tennis ball.

Like, just check this **** out:

Cricket is only an elitist sport because your societies have made it that way. All you need is a bat and a ball and any amount of space.
    vcs likes this.

I'm from ****ing England and my cricket career started with a bouncy ball, a shoe and the frame of a basketball hoop as a set of stumps.
    zorax likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy101 View Post
    Cricket is still very much an elitist sport. To play for a team you need to shell out loads of cash for equipment, clothing (whites, colours, training tops), registration, match fees etc.

A lot more than soccer, for example.
    Not here you donít. Soccer is about the only sport in Australia where the revenue from juniors subsidises the national team and the top tier competition, rather than the other way around. Have you had to pay for kidsí soccer fees at any decent level? Itís obscene how much it costs to play
    zorax likes this.

In the Subcontinent people will go their whole lives never playing hardball cricket.

Die hard cricket fans that play it regularly in all weather with a tennis ball.

Like, just check this **** out:

Cricket is only an elitist sport because your societies have made it that way. All you need is a bat and a ball and any amount of space.
    Wait. People play cricket with a tennis ball? A uniquely subcontinental experience, that. Unheard of any place else.
    zorax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Not here you donít. Soccer is about the only sport in Australia where the revenue from juniors subsidises the national team and the top tier competition, rather than the other way around. Have you had to pay for kidsí soccer fees at any decent level? Itís obscene how much it costs to play
    Would have never guessed that. So the rego fees forthe junior squads goes into funding the seniors?

Yeah, once you get beyond local park soccer, the rego fees get massive. My young bloke plays in the park and he gets hit up for about $180 per season, and that's purely local stuff. Once you get into youth leagues, academy squads etc, it's really exorbitant here. The youth national premier league fees are close to $2,500. The complaint is a lot of that is getting taken and spent on first league teams for the clubs in the State premier leagues. Here's an article about it:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...03-gsh8pd.html

This article is pretty good too, even though it's Murdoch filth:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...4033927223ed4f

The tables on this site also show how expensive it is. I don't know how it evolved to this point, really, but it's pretty wild.

https://footballwest.com.au/guide-club-fees/
    jimmy101 likes this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Do you guys think that World Test Championship stats are going to be a thing? I do

International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Do you guys think that World Test Championship stats are going to be a thing? I do
    I don't see how. Isn't nearly every Test going to part of it

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    I don't see how. Isn't nearly every Test going to part of it
    I was thinking Test Chamionship period/version/tournament 1 stats. Then whenever the 2nd season starts, it will start again.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    I wonder if Burgey's theory about WC knockouts will apply here also. #OnlyTheFinalCounts
    zorax likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread Information