• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in West Indies

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
bangladesh are due to arrive today in west indies and their first match is 3 days from now.

it is interesting to note the fact that with 3 days to go and with no bangladeshi out here, nobody cared to start any thread for this series.

is there any hope of seeing bangaldesh get their 4th odi win or their 1st test win in this series ? i am expecting a 1-0 result to the west indies with 1 drawn test. also, bangladeshs strength is their spin bowling, but the west indian pitches do not favour spinners. for bangladesh, most of their hopes will rely on their medium pacers like tapash boisya, tariq aziz, etc.

for west indies, this could be a chance to get some consistency, discipline and improve their performance as well.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
The likes of Best / Edwards will rip through the Bangladesh Batting line-up. Possibly even Lawson too. Not to mention the WI batting line-up.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It'll come down to the pitches. If they have bowlers' wickets then I expect some very low totals from the Bangladeshis, but on flatter tracks some draws may be forced.

Look out for Abdur Razzaq!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Abdur Razzaq is a left-arm spinner who took 7 for 17 last month against a Zimbabwe A side that very closely resembles the current Test side.

He took 15 wickets in all in the series, that Bangladesh A won 3-2.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
What’s the point in watching games like this? Although the West Indies aren’t doing to well lately, they will still trounce Bangladesh. What’s the point?

Revelation

U19 Debutant
I think that WI will win comfortably assuming that there is no rain. The matches are to be played at Sabina Park and St. Lucia. The St. Lucia test should see some runs as the pitch there is immaculate but the Sabina Park pitch can see a few wickets falling cheaply. Lara's 400 i think is something that i think he would want to keep against the English or better opposition. I really don't think that he would consciously go for it against Bangladesh. The most that i see him going for is a 300 to break Bradman's record. Of course this depends on many things and i think that victory will be uppermost in his mind.This is Lara's first Test series against the Bangladeshis. He has a 45 ball century against them in ODI's.I think that he would like a century (actually i think he would want a 200 to become the second player,after Dravid, to score 200s against 5 opposition.). A century against the B'deshis would see Lara equal the WI record for centuries as well as needing only a century against Pakistan in Test to complete the full hand against all Test countries. The personal milestones aside, a win in this series would be much needed, regardless of the opposition. It would provde some measure of confidence and momentum going to England, conditions with which only Lara,Jacobs,Sarwan and Chanderpaul are familiar.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Predictions...

1/ Lara will not get anywhere near the record. He may score a double hundred at best but will largely look somewhat short of his best.

2/ Best will take at least 10 wickets in the series.

3/ Sarwan will score good runs.

4/ Gayle will go all out attack against the Bangladeshi bowlers, but only to success in one innings.

5/ Chanderpaul will get some much needed Test runs with a least one good innings.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Revelation said:
It would provde some measure of confidence and momentum going to England, conditions with which only Lara,Jacobs,Sarwan and Chanderpaul are familiar.
You are mistaken there. Bravo, Lawson, Devon Smith, Sylvester Joseph (I think) and Best have all toured England before, not at Test level though. Best even played some club cricket there, as did Corey Collymore.

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
last time west indies toured england was in 2000 for the tests and the natwest odi series, but still west indies lost twice to zimbabwe. however, this time the 3rd opposition is a tougher one in new zealand.

for this series, i wouldnt write bangladesh off, they do have some chance in the tests IMO.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You are mistaken there. Bravo, Lawson, Devon Smith, Sylvester Joseph (I think) and Best have all toured England before, not at Test level though. Best even played some club cricket there, as did Corey Collymore.
That was the Super-Succesful "A" Tour, wasn't it?

The one when Graham Lloyd threw his bat at Best?

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Predictions...

2/ Best will take at least 10 wickets in the series.

4/ Gayle will go all out attack against the Bangladeshi bowlers, but only to success in one innings.
if edwards remains fit throughout the series, edwards will end up with more wickets than best.
gayle will go on to hammer bangladesh in pretty much every innings....at least 1 double ton