• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in West Indies

ash chaulk

International Captain
Geez Thinkin about this and i rekin that the current zimbabwe side vs bangladesh could be an alrite match to watch plus it would help both teams averages lol...

my prediction for this series

Lara 300
Nagamootoo to take all 10 wickets in an innings
and if the windies hurry up and find another ambrose/walsh... bangladesh scoring the lowest test score ever.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
ash chaulk said:
Geez Thinkin about this and i rekin that the current zimbabwe side vs bangladesh could be an alrite match to watch plus it would help both teams averages lol...

my prediction for this series

Lara 300
Nagamootoo to take all 10 wickets in an innings
and if the windies hurry up and find another ambrose/walsh... bangladesh scoring the lowest test score ever.
Shows just how little you know about Test cricket!

Nagamootoo is unlikely to ever play for the West Indies again, and even if he did, the Bangladeshis do not struggle against mediocre spinners.

Bangladesh are highly unlikely to be skittled for less than 26.

Last edited:

Revelation

U19 Debutant
i think bangladesh will do well actually, and i don't think we'll see another Lara triple. Perhaps a century since he has his eyes on a century against every test tem, in addition to the WI century record. There is also the small matter of WI not being humiliated by Bangladesh.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'd expect some WI bowlers to finally get in the top 20.Not top 10 because the series is too short for that.Lawson,Best,Edwards and Collins should have good series with Best,Collins and Edwards possibly getting career figures.Lawson won't better his,too weak an opposition.It'll be hard to get better than 7-78 with the other bowlers roaring in.He could get another hat-trick though.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
On the batting side Wavell Hinds will fight with Devon Smith for that second opening spot.Also Marlon Samuels will make a very good comeback.Both have been performing well in club cricket so far.No hundreds though.Hopefully another wicketkeeper will be given a chance for both Tests.Probably Carlton Baugh Jr.Omari Banks could make his comeback and provide some much needed lower order resistance with Best(??). :huh:

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Look it probably isnt a bad idea to rest Jacobs and play Baugh, since Jacobs will be going to England and being first choice keeper (and quite rightly so) and a strong Baugh will be no.2

Revelation

U19 Debutant
i could understand that, but don't you think it would be good also for baugh (or another keeper)to get a game in England too? What i think WI needs to do is to change Jacobs from both forms and retain him for jsut the tests and introduce someone new at ODI level, who would then be brought in when Jacobs retires.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
On the batting side Wavell Hinds will fight with Devon Smith for that second opening spot.Also Marlon Samuels will make a very good comeback.Both have been performing well in club cricket so far.No hundreds though.Hopefully another wicketkeeper will be given a chance for both Tests.Probably Carlton Baugh Jr.Omari Banks could make his comeback and provide some much needed lower order resistance with Best(??). :huh:
As far as I'm concerned Wavell Hinds has no chance of displacing Smith at the top. Devon Smith is a better batsman IMO.

My team would be:

CH Gayle
DS Smith
BC Lara (C)
RR Sarwan (vc)
S Chanderpaul
OAC Banks
RD Jacobs (wk)
TL Best
PT Collins
FH Edwards
JJC Lawson

Admittedly a long tail, but the bowling should make up for that.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On second thought, I would play Carlton Baugh ahead of Jacobs in the Tests and ODIs for the reason Craig listed above. Of course there will be the tooextracool's who will say that (if Baugh scores runs) he's over-rated because he got those runs against Bangladesh, but to settle him in at the top-level, I don't care who he gets runs against once he gets runs.

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
As far as I'm concerned Wavell Hinds has no chance of displacing Smith at the top. Devon Smith is a better batsman IMO.

My team would be:

CH Gayle
DS Smith
BC Lara (C)
RR Sarwan (vc)
S Chanderpaul
OAC Banks
RD Jacobs (wk)
TL Best
PT Collins
FH Edwards
JJC Lawson

When will they find the right spot for Sarwan?

He had success at 3 in South Africa, and now Lara wants to bat at 3, pushing Sarwan to 4.

To maximaze his potential and his talent, they must find a permanent spot for him, not moving him up and down the order.

If Lara wants to bat at 3, he must decide this a permanent spot for him (unless he has said this in the Caribbean that 3 is for him) and 4 is permanent for Sarwan.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Shows just how little you know about Test cricket!

Nagamootoo is unlikely to ever play for the West Indies again, and even if he did, the Bangladeshis do not struggle against mediocre spinners.

Bangladesh are highly unlikely to be skittled for less than 26.
it was just a joke dude geeez

Kain

Cricket Spectator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

My team would be:

CH Gayle
DS Smith
BC Lara (C)
RR Sarwan (vc)
S Chanderpaul
OAC Banks
RD Jacobs (wk)
TL Best
PT Collins
FH Edwards
JJC Lawson

There are three choices for the other opening spot beside C.Gayle. 1:Devon Smith-Most likely choice but i think most thinking bowlers who have seen him have figured out how to get him out.Everytime I see him bat he gets out in identical fashion, around the wicket to a ball either seaming or swinging away from him.It's his one real weakness I think. 2:Wavell Hinds- Very attacking batsman, has been on the wrong end of most bad umpiring decisions in the past.Technical problems similar to Gayle's in that he doesn't move his front foot when going forward in fact more so than Gayle which coupled with the bad umpiring decisions could explain why he hasn't had as much success as his fellow jamaican opener. 3:Ganga-Solid textbook style technique and he always looks completely sound defensivly until he's out LBW.And then you start thinking "But how did they get him out.He looked like batting for another hundred years." But it's then you realise that slowly but surely Ganga was being pushed back on his crease by the faster bowlers until they finally got that full ball seaming or swinging in that strikes him plumb in front and his being stuck deep inside his crease doesn't help things.I personally think that Ganga could have been a good player if just played a little more positivly instead of allowing the bowlers to slowly back him into his stumps before getting him LBw because he got no where forward. But seriously out of the three I'd go with Devon Smith as I think he's the most in form and if he works out his problem he would be more successful than the other two.

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
When will they find the right spot for Sarwan?

He had success at 3 in South Africa, and now Lara wants to bat at 3, pushing Sarwan to 4.

To maximaze his potential and his talent, they must find a permanent spot for him, not moving him up and down the order.

If Lara wants to bat at 3, he must decide this a permanent spot for him (unless he has said this in the Caribbean that 3 is for him) and 4 is permanent for Sarwan.
i think lara will bat at 5 or 6 this series and give some of the younger players a chance up the order. sarwan will bat at 3

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
not really, best can bat cant he?
i would give chanderpaul a rest this series, perhaps after the first test match. it would give a younger batsman a chance at the international level. perhaps it would be good if dwayne smith got another shot in these test matches

Last edited:

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
On second thought, I would play Carlton Baugh ahead of Jacobs in the Tests and ODIs for the reason Craig listed above. Of course there will be the tooextracool's who will say that (if Baugh scores runs) he's over-rated because he got those runs against Bangladesh, but to settle him in at the top-level, I don't care who he gets runs against once he gets runs.
It would seem though, that Ramdin is now being groomed as Ridley's successor. I would stick with Jacobs for the tests at least. It's asking for trouble taking Bangladesh too lightly and Jacobs is clearly still first choice on merit - both as a 'keeper and a batsman.