• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar Batting Comparison

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I enjoy Kohli's aggressiveness and pettiness (straight from NBA twitter), but I'm not really looking forward to it being aped by the next generation of Indian players.

And yes, I know what country I'm from.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli is far superior to either Dravid or Gavaskar. Across all formats Kohli is clear by daylight from Tendulkar.
Nah, not getting into this with you since your sole criteria is batting average. The importance of context seems to be lost on you.

Jack1

International Debutant
Nah, not getting into this with you since your sole criteria is batting average. The importance of context seems to be lost on you.
Nope. It's you that doesn't understand context or strike rate. You're having a complete laugh if you think Dravid or Gavaskar are even comparable to Kohli across all three formats. That's the biggest laugh I've had all day.

TheJediBrah

Never thought I'd see the day that I'm with John over Trundler on something

silver lining: I'm on John's ignore list along with half the forum so he'll never know

trundler

Nope. It's you that doesn't understand context or strike rate. You're having a complete laugh if you think Dravid or Gavaskar are even comparable to Kohli across all three formats. That's the biggest laugh I've had all day.
Kohli is well on his way to becoming the greatest ODI bat but here's a tip, ODIs don't count. To have Kohli 'light years' ahead of Gavaskar and Dravid in tests is questionable tstl.

OverratedSanity

No ones saying dravid or Gavaskar are better in limited overs. Me and trundler were specifically talking about tests. And in tests, virtually no one except bradman is "far better" than dravid and Gavaskar.

Jack1

International Debutant
Kohli is well on his way to becoming the greatest ODI bat but here's a tip, ODIs don't count. To have Kohli 'light years' ahead of Gavaskar and Dravid in tests is a questionable tstl.
Good job I didn't say that then. Stick to the truth rather than lying. Ignored for blatant lying and baiting.

Jack1

International Debutant
I enjoy Kohli's aggressiveness and pettiness (straight from NBA twitter), but I'm not really looking forward to it being aped by the next generation of Indian players.

And yes, I know what country I'm from.
It's good from the leader of the side. You can't have a team where everyone does it. It has to come from the captain.

trundler

No ones saying dravid or Gavaskar are better in limited overs. Me and trundler were specifically talking about tests. And in tests, virtually no one except bradman is "far better" than dravid and Gavaskar.
Both in the running for greatest defensive batsman of all time, which I think would be a great thread.

Zinzan

Kohli's already better than Tendulkar in ODIs imo, in fact she's a tight race between he, AB & Viv for greatest ever ODI bat.

Obviously he has a long way to go to surpass Sachin in Test cricket, but I wouldn't put it past him.

Personally, I find him a much more attractive batsman to watch (although I'm sure that's a personal preference) and I also rate Kohli as far more likely to take the game away from the opposition than Sachin. Kohli is much more like Lara in that respect.

Finally, & I could be wrong on this, but it seems Virat cares a lot less about his record and legacy than Sachin.

I'm a huge Kohli fan these days, especially on the back of what he's achieved in this English tour.

Daemon