cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 102
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Is Virat Kohli Still weak along the off-stump line??

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12

    Is Virat Kohli Still weak along the off-stump line??

    So in a match against England we saw how Kohli was not able to play a against balls that bounced outside the Off-Stump. Kohli is quite the unbeatable batsman but since he showed his weakness in the off-stump line, bowlers from all over the world are using this type of strategy of bowling outside the off-stump line to dismiss him. Undoubtedly this method succeeded quite a number of times. So is this still Kohli's weakness or did he manage to get over this weakness.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidisha View Post
    So in a match against England we saw how Kohli was not able to play a against balls that bounced outside the Off-Stump. Kohli is quite the unbeatable batsman but since he showed his weakness in the off-stump line, bowlers from all over the world are using this type of strategy of bowling outside the off-stump line to dismiss him. Undoubtedly this method succeeded quite a number of times. So is this still Kohli's weakness or did he manage to get over this weakness.
    I am more interested to see how he handles swing in England, on any line.

    Will Anderson troll last, or Kohli?

    Lets hope for some overcast conditions, and Kohli facing a hoooping Jimmy. Whoever emerges victorious, laughs last.

  3. #3
    Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    28,104
    He does leave the ball more but I don't think he's got over it as far as I can tell. Some of those flashes outside off were pretty bad during the Australia series.

  4. #4
    International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    10,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    He does leave the ball more
    Yeah but that's off the spinners. And when the ball is on the stumps.


  5. #5
    International Regular trundler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
    I am more interested to see how he handles swing in England, on any line.

    Will Anderson troll last, or Kohli?

    Lets hope for some overcast conditions, and Kohli facing a hoooping Jimmy. Whoever emerges victorious, laughs last.
    Overcast conditions have **** all to do with swing. That's a myth.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,046
    Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    Overcast conditions have **** all to do with swing. That's a myth.

    Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. I don't know and I don't care, but I know where it swings more. There's no need for asterisks.

    They used a 3-D laser scanner to monitor differently conditioned balls reacted under varying humidity, but found humidity had no detectable effect on the ball's geometry.

    Instead, they have pitched in another idea: that bright sunshine - or the lack of it - is to blame for variation in swing.

    "When the ground heats, it makes convection currents which make the air rise off the cricket pitch - that creates turbulence in the air on a sunny day," Dr James explained.

    "On a cloudy day you get stiller air, because you don't get these convection currents coming off the ground."

    Stiller air does less to affect the imbalance of smooth and chaotic
    flow on either side of the ball that leads to swing, so cloud cover could indirectly be the culprit.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-18262145

    But if you have all the answers, please share.
    Last edited by Mr Miyagi; 09-06-2018 at 07:07 AM.

  7. #7
    International Regular trundler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,803
    No reason to be defensive, mate. **** all is just a fun way of saying nothing. I read an article on it and they did a study. It's just a myth. It just swings in England, as far as I know and it would be fun to see him against a moving ball.
    https://theconversation.com/why-we-t...t-doesnt-46587
    Here's the article.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,046
    Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    No reason to be defensive, mate.
    Defensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    **** all is just a fun way of saying nothing. I read an article on it and they did a study. It's just a myth. It just swings in England, as far as I know and it would be fun to see him against a moving ball.
    https://theconversation.com/why-we-t...t-doesnt-46587
    Here's the article.

    Yeah, there's been many articles with differing positions on the phenomenon. I don't think anyone (that I know of) has defnitively solved the paradox yet.

  9. #9
    International Regular trundler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
    Defensive?




    Yeah, there's been many articles with differing positions on the phenomenon. I don't think anyone (that I know of) has defnitively solved the paradox yet.
    Whatevs, that's what I got from your post. No worries. Anderson is still a sight to see in English conditions. IMO, inability against swing is a big, big hole in his record.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    49,719
    A comprehensive list of players in cricket history who were completely comfortable with full-pitched outswingers on or just outside off stump throughout their careers:
    Borges, zorax, morgieb and 2 others like this.
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

    forever 63*

  11. #11
    International Regular trundler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,803
    McGrath would have wrecked Kohli

  12. #12
    International Debutant Borges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    McGrath would have wrecked Kohli
    Don't think so.
    Steyn would have asked a lot of questions of him; as would Anderson, or Boult on one of his good days.

  13. #13
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    29,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Borges View Post
    Don't think so.
    Steyn would have asked a lot of questions of him; as would Anderson, or Boult on one of his good days.
    He played Steyn great in 2013 though, back when Steyn was at or near his peak. Which is why it was so surprising that he got rekt by Anderson a few months laters.

    I think he struggles more with guys who move it both ways. There was a delivery early in that 2014 series where I think, Stokes, bowled an inswinger and he just shouldered arms as if he was facing SoK. After that he had no clue how to handle Anderson bowling outswingers followed up by an inswinger that'd jag back in 2 miles. Seemed like that changeup was always at the back of his mind and he was poking at balls he'd left very well vs Steyn in SA.
    Borges likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows cunnt over your head and get a woolly bull to fuuck some sense into you.

  14. #14
    International Debutant Borges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    I think he struggles more with guys who move it both ways.
    Yes, and when there is more than just a hint of swing.

  15. #15
    Cricketer Of The Year Starfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Thinking of supersports
    Posts
    8,865
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    and he just shouldered arms as if he was facing SoK.
    Any excuse to post:

    zorax, trundler, Bijed and 6 others like this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What do you think of Virat Kohli?
    By vcs in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 880
    Last Post: 30-10-2018, 03:00 AM
  2. I've had enough, Virat Kohli.......
    By Howsie in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 382
    Last Post: 20-03-2017, 08:35 PM
  3. that Virat Kohli
    By SuperMurali in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 24-01-2016, 08:54 AM
  4. Virat Kohli Swag
    By harsh.ag in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 24-04-2015, 03:49 AM
  5. Virat Kohli (c)
    By Jono in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •