• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

John Snow, Jeff Thomson or Andy Roberts ?

Who would you rate the best fast bowler from these 3 ?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brumbers mentioned bodyline. I was watching some old footage of the centenary test and was surprised to see that before the game started Bradman went out to the centre of the mcg with Larwood and Voce for a little ceremony, and each of the bowlers got a fantastic reception from the crowd. Didn’t think Bradman would do something like that.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brumbers mentioned bodyline. I was watching some old footage of the centenary test and was surprised to see that before the game started Bradman went out to the centre of the mcg with Larwood and Voce for a little ceremony, and each of the bowlers got a fantastic reception from the crowd. Didn’t think Bradman would do something like that.
Gissa link - didn't Bill Voce bring the house down when he started to mark out his run, or is that an urban myth?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No it’s the same footage. He took his jacket off and did just that. I’ll try to find it for you mate.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Gissa link - didn't Bill Voce bring the house down when he started to mark out his run, or is that an urban myth?
It's on the Cricket in the 70s DVD, in the extras where there is a significant highlight package of the Centenary Test

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh yes I remember watching that footage for the first time a year ago or so. So many greats assembled altogether at once was such a sight. Almost brings a tear to your eye.

If I'm somehow still alive in 2077 at least I'll have something to look forward to